Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:18PM

Because Satan is trying to destroy it. (Attack is defined as anything other than bowing your head and saying yes to anything a Mormons says.)

Now, here is my point. If that is a valid argument, than anything, any system, people attack and fight against is true and from God. Satan is the one stirring up people to try and destroy it:

President Obama is clearly God's Chosen President because more people bad-mouth Obama than Thomas S. Monson.

Gay marriage is clearly approved of by God or Satan wouldn't be working so hard to stir people up to stop it.

Nazi doctrine is proven the true government because thousands of people around the world attacked it and tried to bring it down. Far more Nazis were viewed with disrespect than Mormons. Is this another example of Satan trying to destroy God's work?

Communism must be true for the same reason.

All over the world, there are groups that really persecute each other, far more than Mormons have ever been persecuted. How do you tell which one is truly God's system, when they are attacking each other and neither is the innocent victim?

Very few people actively worked against Mother Theresa. So she is clearly not God's chosen and Satan approved of the work she was doing.

Once again, Mormons don't make sense. Now you naughty Mormons, tell the truth. Stomp your foot and say "Anyone who disagrees with me is a big meanie!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 01:20PM by CA girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:20PM

where's the "like" button

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:22PM

which would not be a bad thing!!! :)
c'mon Susan I/S or Erik... get a like button!! :)

Date: April 25, 2011 06:37PM

Posted by: xr ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:26PM

By Thor you're right!
I'm going to go marry Obama, purify my race of its inferior non-Arian bloodlines and establish a social system where there is no ownership of real estate or the means of production. Mother Theresa can continue... well I want to say something bad about her but she looks so compassionate in her pictures that I just can't.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:30PM

And I've heard that mormons mock RfM which is better than a vote of confidence using their "logic."

Date: April 25, 2011 01:33PM

It is nice to be part of the true posting board of the internet!

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 10:48PM

agreed!!

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 01:38PM

The mind's tendency to use paranoia may be as groundless and counter-productive as depression and anxiety, but is well-documented. Sympathy with Jesus, the early christians and also the early TSCC, is also a dotted way to persecution complex personally, because you are supposed to take what you read to heart. Everything is out of context and deniable, from a leadership's view of that which they point to, and their naivity is borderline criminal as viewed as leadership - they cannot claim inspiration, and have so little knowledge of how the average Molly interprets and understands things emotionally and intellectually, and also leads their followers to ignore logic when it cannot be used as missionary or faith-strengthening tool.
The deniability of 'horoscoping' is about number three blindfolds after defense of faith and traditional family structure, in the ways of all of Holy Lord's/Ghost's given inspirations.
If that are all values one accepts, then one probably should think more than twice of leaving TSCC. ;-)

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 06:42PM

That thinking only works if you believe there's a devil dumb enough to challenge God's work.

Otherwise, people don't usually fight good things.

Two Gods are typically created -- the good one, and the bad one. The two of them provide the circular logic that some people think is okay.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:13PM

Whatever is said, whatever transpires, it all proves the church is twoo.

It's just MMMS at work:

Mormon Mental Masturbation Syndrome

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:20PM

Sure sign of a cult.

“The ‘huge conspiracies’ working to thwart the group are, of course, proof of its tremendous importance” (Hassan, Combatting Cult Mind Control 79).

Heinrichs cautions that when a group “labels an opponent as extreme simply because she disagrees with him, then he is probably the extreme one. Don’t trust his virtue” (Heinrichs 179).

Posted by: hero7 ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:35PM

I was had a young men's leader that compared this to football. "Opposition will always go after the guy with the ball" etc. It definitely got me out of having to actually prepare devotionals and stuff later since I just reused this if I ever got asked to speak or w/e

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:13AM

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:19AM

Then there is a huge paradox in the World because the Catholics get clipped more than the "Saints" and probably most often by the "Saints" themselves. In fact I have heard a lot of "The Church" members make disparaging remarks about the Church of Rome.

Other groups that have been "persecuted" over the years include the Jehovah's Witnesses, The Freemasons, Buddhists, the Puritans, anyone who disagreed with the Puritans, Aryans, the Black Panthers and so on.

By "The Church" logic there must be a lot of "Truth" out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 12:21AM by tensolator.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:53AM

Colonel Quaddafi must be a wonderful man since so many people and nations are fighting so hard against him.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 01:28AM

I always use the same-sex marriage analogy too ("Same-sex marriage is true, Satan is just fighting a losing battle against it").

But the truth is that hardly anybody really opposes TSCC. Americans may find this hard to believe, but outside countries where English is the native language, very few people know the difference between Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and the Amish. When the 1985 movie Witness (a crime story set in an Amish community) came out, one film expert explained in a tv show that "although the film is called 'Witness' the characters are not Jehova's Witnesses, but Mormons". And indeed, in the Spanish version 'Amish' was dubbed as 'Mormones' throughout ROTFLMAO!

What TSCC gets is not opposition but blissful indifference in most quarters.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 05:17AM

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 05:37AM

Does not the bible say the true church that is undivided
god will protect that the gates of hell do not crush down
apon it as a sign? I could be wrong, but all that racist
mormon discriminating history and blood bathes, is not
because the church is true but not true and Hell is crushing
down apon it as another DEVILS CHURCH.

Infact the bible in revelations also says where relegion
and state join up politically, like the roman church
and any pagen catholic sunday relegion including protestents
who were dumb enough to keep sunday that made the vatican
laugh and call them daugher break away churches of rome
while the papacy boasted blatenly with constitine who changed
the true sabbath to sunday, the bible gives reference as
the antichrist church and the whole world wandering after
the beast, the one world govenment already signed the
popes peace treaty, ready to usher in world take over
with the one world order, including the united order of
mormonism, that protect all 666 followers of sunday pagen
relegions as ONE, the devils church led by ROMAN PAPACY.

Come out of great modern day bablyon, out of sunday relegions
out of great tribulation and discover the mark and true
authority and sealing up of the holy ghost was not in
mormon temples but in honoring the true original 4th commandment of the 10, remember the 7th day and always
keep it holy the only legalistic law to survive and
all other laws such as levitical to roman priesthood
abolished as an abomination to god.

the good samariton stopped to help the wounded man
while the levite priest walked on by ignoring hin
to get to the temple. Who was the greater example
christ said? the good samariton of course.

Flee from levitical and roman one world masonary systems
of evil mind controlling world take over united orders
or perish and recieve the mark of 666 pagen sunday beast
when probation closes. So far not matter if sunday relegion
worship but get out of it when its one world gov command
or else, where one cannot buy or sell on sunday is the sign
of the antichrist relegious law and false christ relegions
raizing its ugly head in the last days almost here but not
quiet yet but soon.

Larry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.