Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shadowofadoubt ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:17PM

Something I can never undo... Sorry, son!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSWbTv3hng&sns=fb

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:38PM

"It'll stop him from masturbating."

Nope :)

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:41PM

I prefer the term wankering. The circumcised Boner.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:44PM

It's barbaric.

RB

Date: March 09, 2016 12:47PM

Wankering? Sorry folks, I was just being stupid, as usual!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 01:11PM by byuboner.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:49PM

I gotta wonder what old Hebrew goatherder first decided the human dick needed remodelling so I could curse the stupid bastard.

Posted by: Sassafras ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 02:32PM

Gotta throw in my female 2 cents here: in the bedroom, the difference between natural and circumcised, all other things being equal, is astonishing. There are reasons the foreskin is there and it's not just to benefit the man. I also find natural to be beautiful :-)

My sister left her young son natural. She said to me that the woman he would love some day would thank her. I'm so grateful my dear man's mother made the same decision.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:52PM

I regret circumcising my son. stupid mistake on my part.

Posted by: shadowofadoubt ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 12:58PM

Agreed. I wish I had been better informed at the time. It's just a silly perpetuating tradition. It's pretty much exactly like the video says, 'Well yeah, his d*** should look like mine.'

I'm a woman but that's how my husband and I made the choice.

Dumb.

Date: March 09, 2016 01:28PM

I am intact as is my son. When his son was born he insisted he be also. It took a bit of convincing of his nurse wife but my son prevailed.

RB

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 02:39PM

He surprises me in that he's all for circumcision while I'm vehemently against it being done to babies.

It was a bit shocking to HIM when I explained this is one reason why:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/07/health/new-york-neonatal-herpes/

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 01:02PM

I'll never forget when I first spotted my father's uncut tool.

I imaginined one of us must be a mutant.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 03:29PM

Assuming he did them as "routine", that's so sad to hear. He probably didn't realize the damage he caused.

The article you cite is just repeating the same propaganda, calling those who see routine circumcision as a human rights violation a "fringe group". The Mormon church does the same thing to those who have researched the facts and see the fraud for what it is.

Posted by: Visitors welcome ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 03:49PM

In 1975, 95% of five-year old boys in the USA were cut. In 2015 it was under 60%. In over a hundred counties in the northeast, west and south, more non-hispanic boys are left intact than cut. That's not a fringe group anymore.

And the trend is not about to slow down. In 1965, 85% of Australian men were cut. By 2015 it was 15%. A complete reversal in fifty years time. Moreover, in 1965 most intact men were over 40, and in 2015 most circumcised men were. It was a one-generation fad, just like the"royal tradition" that some cutters talk about: Queen Elizabeth had her three boys cut. But neither her father and uncles nor her grandsons had to go through this.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 06:27PM

or horses really existed in the Americas in 600 B.C. too...

Date: March 09, 2016 06:15PM

The majority of medical and scientific opinion does not support your position.

Date: March 09, 2016 06:18PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 06:19PM by anybody.

Date: March 09, 2016 01:10PM

When I first visited Florence, I noted that Michelangelo must have been ignorant of circumcision as David, in all his magnificent glory, was uncut. The Boner.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 01:55PM

What exactly is wrong with circumcision again?

Date: March 09, 2016 02:09PM

The foreskin is there for a reason. Because some religion(s) decided to lop it off plus whack jobs like Kellogg decided that masturbation was the root of all evil (and that daily enemas would cure everything too BTW) doesn't make them a good idea.

RB

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 02:21PM

Here are just a few reasons, not to mention that over 100 babies die each year from it.

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/DOC/statement06.html

http://www.icgi.org/2010/04/infant-circumcision-causes-100-deaths-each-year-in-us/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 02:23PM by eternal1.

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 02:53PM

Wow. I always thought it was a stupid idea but I didn't have all that info. Thanks.

Posted by: Visitors welcome ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 03:23PM

I've never heard a good argument in favor of circumcision. Hiv prevention? Hiv is much more prevalent in cut than uncut nations, so that obviously doesn't work. Preventing masturbation? That's what corn flakes were invented for. Preventing hunchbacks, hysteria or hernias? I don't know that we teach that. That may be just a couplet. Those 19th century doctors were just speaking as a man. Reducing bacteria? Then you better cut off your tongue first.

Funniest thing is, I once heard a pro-circumcision freak say that hundreds of deaths and thousands of botched circumcisions a year (in the USA that is, in Africa it's much higher) was a price worth paying, yet he vehemently opposed vaccinations. Go figure.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 05:44PM

I've never seen one that is intact. Is it kind of like a turtle neck sweater? Hmmmmmm.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 06:03PM

If we intentionally altered a female's genitals, it would be considered barbaric.

Besides which, if an adult man wants a circumcision, he can always get one. But once done, you can't go back.

Date: March 09, 2016 06:19PM

I'm very disappointed by these arguments that ignore science and medicine.

The same thing has happened with people who won't vaccinate their children. Truth doesn't matter. Science doesn't matter. Only pseudo-science, rumour, and superstition do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 06:20PM by anybody.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 06:25PM

As far as masturbating, I don't think it works. Not for me, anyway. Circumcision has always been a rather fuzzy concept for me, as to whether it's ok. Let's face it, if there's any loss, you won't know, because it was done when you were a baby and had no experience or knowledge. Any losses would be unknowable. My current belief on it is that it's unnecessary, and best avoided. It's an artifact of past social ideas. The fact that I was circumcised doesn't bother me, though.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 09, 2016 07:58PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.