Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 11:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 11:41AM

Cleaning like crazy for a family dinner. I'm simultaneously freaking out and procrastinating getting the house ready. Thank God for a nevermo husband who is cooking the main dish-- a turkey.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 11:44AM

Big dish of steel cut oatmeal and a day of quilting.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 11:51AM

You know, the usual: Church of The Backyard Garden. I planted 3 tomato plants last week end. Planting bush beans, red bell pepper, cilantro, and strawberries today. May repot some spider plants into bigger pots.

Has anyone grown container corn? Burpee's got some cool container corn seeds that you grow in a pot. I wondering if I can use "regular" corn seeds too.

Happy first day of spring!!!

-Dennis

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:34PM

You can grow any corn in a container. You generally want a short day one because they are smaller plants and use less water and nutrients.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:36PM

Wife wants me to take the boys fishing so that she can get some work done on a contract she has.

"Well if you insist darl'n, I am all about supporting you."

Date: March 20, 2016 03:44PM

the1v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can grow any corn in a container. You
> generally want a short day one because they are
> smaller plants and use less water and nutrients.

Thanks for replying! Will look for a short day one.

-"Corny" Dennis

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:48PM

Hey, I belong to the CotBG too! Seeing how it's the first day of spring, it's a perfect day to worship in my solitary congregation.

Date: March 20, 2016 03:44PM

contrarymary Wrote:
> Hey, I belong to the CotBG too! Seeing how it's
> the first day of spring, it's a perfect day to
> worship in my solitary congregation.

Amen, sister!

-Dennis

Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:06PM

Helping family members move stuff because I want to, not because I feel obligated because we attend the same 3 hour cult meetings each Sunday. Real, genuine service.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:12PM

Cutting the lawn. Watching the Outer Limits on Hulu. Resting in preparation for a long work week.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:36PM

Posted by: ExMoinTexas ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:23PM

Bike ride, playing with my band, brunch at the yacht club, and making a holy pilgrimage to NASA.

Maybe they'll tell me about Kolob.

No wait, that's the Mormons.

Whew!

Dodged that bullet already.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:39PM

Also saw the 75th anniversary of "Gone With The Wind" re-release at the cinema too...

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:48PM

It's all about the dog at our house. She likes her whole pack to hike with her at the state park down the street. Her number one person, youngest son, Drdad and I and Oldest Son's two kids will be among the pack members.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 02:04PM

I have tried to watch Gone With The Wind at least 3 times. I never get any further than "Oh, fiddle de dee!". I have to turn it off. Like nails on a chalk board.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:56PM

Had a nice visit with friends over coffee and scones at Good Earth as usual and it's a beautiful, somewhat cool first day of spring here.

RB

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 01:27PM

It's a foggy morning.
I'm not feeling very motived but did some chores already.

My daughter may be over for a visit & a meal. (TBD)

I'll be watching some good TV this evening..............

Shameless, The Good Wife & The Family (DVRing so I don't miss anything)

Easy Day.

exmo-k
KJ

Posted by: eyes1 ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 01:34PM

Training for a half marathon before restful evening at home reading scandalous posts on an exmo forum :)

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 01:45PM

Contemplating Profundity:

"The world has *not* to be put in order: the world *is* order incarnate. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order, to know what is the world order in contradistinction to the wishful-thinking orders which we seek to impose on one another."

--Henry Miller--
--Sexus--

Leaving Joseph Smith's 'wishful-thinking order' was only the beginning. There are layers and layers of such 'orders' imposed upon us. Those too must be left.

Human, ever removed

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 02:02PM

A study in decadence.

I inadvertently purchased 28 pounds of ribeye steaks when I was planning on 14, so today I am doing the inviolable. I decided for dinner I wanted a Panini with a nice salad so I started with the rib eyes and am doing a long slow braise. On 2 16 ounce choice Rib Eye steaks. well, shoot use them up.

Then the Panini is a multi grain bread, with chunks of slow braised rib eye, fire roasted poblano pepper and good old provolone cheese.

While the meat is cooling (I really had to MAKE leftovers so I could make my saurinch) I'm going to head to downtown Seattle with my very favorite ex. Good Christ on a stick we didn't work as a couple, but we have such a fun time just giggling and tromping through thrift stores, people watching, oogling guys, last time he got himself stuffed into a 1970's denim jump suit that was a ladies size SMALL!

Oh, what's the day going to hold I ask you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 02:03PM by Levi.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 03:09PM

I am enjoying a 15 minute break at work. I got less than an hour left and as soon as I clock out I am going to be getting some paint supplies while I am still at the store. Thank goodness for the great employee discount that I get. Once I get home, I am going to get a quick shower, get something to eat and practice some different paint strokes.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 04:34PM

Just finished watching the D1 womens hockey final. On my iPad since it was not on TV. Great game. Now to charge my battery.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 04:54PM

I got up late and made bacon, eggs, and coffee. In honor of Spring, went out and bought myself a new outfit.
Now it's naptime. So glad no cult for me!!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 05:27PM

Garden and chickens.

Gotta keep those golden treasures flowing.

Hail be to Gaia.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 07:24PM

Watched US Marshall's with Tommy Lee Jones for my Sunday matinee while pooch sunbathed in the glassed in entryway.

Walking around the neighborhood I see that the crocuses are starting to spring forth, my yard included. Mild winter, early spring. My lilacs and tulips won't be far behind. :)

Cleaning through closets and drawers to bag stuff for Goodwill.

Otherwise, chillin' at home. Did get to catch part of the St. Patrick's parade earlier today in the old Irish ward part of town.

Won $20 on a scratch off ticket. Otherwise, not much to get excited about other than how shall I spend my windfall? ;-)

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 08:21PM

Amyjo Wrote:
>
> Won $20 on a scratch off ticket. Otherwise, not
> much to get excited about other than how shall I
> spend my windfall? ;-)

At least you won't have to tithe 10% of your winning lottery ticket :-)

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 05:30PM

My brother and his DH came over. They are outside making giant bubbles for the kiddos, I am fixing a roast with potatos and carrots in the pressure cooker. And fried corn cakes for dinner.

My BIL has never been on a tandem bike, so we are all going for a ride after we eat. Love being with my brother and my kids.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 07:30PM

Tripping out on San Pedro cactus tea. Best sacrament ever.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 10:54PM

I 'worked' from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, in LA, on 4 different files. Each one pays me time & mileage, portal to portal. So I'll get 4x my actual mileage and travel time. And get this, I love my work!

I stopped on the way home at a favorite hole in the wall Mexican restaurant and ate some great, as in Excelente, chili rellenos. If you're ever in the area, it's El Rancho Grande, 10935 Rosecrans, Norwalk. A mother and her two Deputy Sheriff sons opened it in 1974. Now the deputies' grandkids are running it. Hole in the wall goldmine...

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 11:24PM

Finished writing a children's story book. Did some revision of my third novel. Fixed a fault with my truck. But most of all had breakfast with my beautiful wife.

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: March 21, 2016 01:41PM

We did two things we would never have done before leaving LDS, Inc. 1) We went to the neighborhood Easter celebration and egg hunt. 2) I took my son to soccer practice.

Both were evil pursuits that have probably irreparably damaged my children's souls, yet everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 21, 2016 02:45PM

I installed two new ceiling fans in the basement. They hang a little lower than the two I have upstairs (higher ceilings), so I may swap them out to get a little more headroom/ clearance downstairs. Otherwise they are perfect....nice and quiet.

Spring Equinox is our wedding anniversary, so on Saturday we went to the Oregon coast for lunch and a hike.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 21, 2016 02:53PM

Happy anniversary!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.