Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pianoforte ( )
Date: March 23, 2016 09:13AM

...And then bears his testimony on how this will help let the people of Belgium open their hearts to the missionaries.

Can we just, you know, not apply proslyzation to everything? Just for a bit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 23, 2016 09:22AM

Because thats how God works. Kills some to open the hearts of others, right?

And what does that say about the value of the lives that were killed? Were they put on this earth just for this purpose? What happens to the supposed free agency of those who were murdered so that others may have a perceived better life in mormonism that the murdered never new existed?

The thinking never goes past the shallow thought of "maybe good things will happen now" but to make it worse, testimony of "it will be better for us too" is tacked on the end.

NO CRITICAL THINKING.

I used to think like this. I was trained to do it by everyone and everything around me. I cherish my life and others far more now than I ever did when inside the mind screw of mormonism.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2016 10:02AM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 23, 2016 10:01AM

Oh.my.God.

That is deplorable.

That isn't empathy for the victims. That's ignoring the tragedy while rationalizing a self-seeking religiosity.

That is the last thing the victims or their families need in their time of suffering, now or future.

Totally self-serving.

Empathy is seeing the world through the victims eyes.

The seminary teacher's expectations are unrealistic and irrational; nor does it promote charity or goodwill.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 23, 2016 10:29AM

Seminary teachers must have mind warp.

I was visiting my parents ward once, and a seminary teacher in the ward was speculating that the Iraq war might open the possibilities for preaching the gospel.

He noted that Dieter "the silver fox" Uchtdorf was from Germany, which the USA defeated in war, and that we might someday welcome a brother Hussein into the Q12. Ugh...not looking good for that so far.

But, the really sick thing is that everything that happens is assessed based upon whether it is good for "the work" of LDS, Inc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.