Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 07:04PM

Guys you got to read the Comments cr@p on here before it is taken down.

https://www.facebook.com/LDSLiving/posts/1068535629834885?comment_id=1068602386494876&reply_comment_id=1068805389807909&ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 07:10PM by davetheseer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 07:34PM

"Bruce R McConkie in his Mormon Doctrine book called the catholic church the Great Whore of Babylon and there used to be a minister in the temple endowment session that warned of these churches and mixing scripture with the words of men. That was the temple ceremony that Joseph Smith wrote. Than was changed to the new WASP one the have now. Now the Mormon Church stands beside and supports the devils church."

Good on the guy who posted this right away. To the point and awesomely horrifying for members...

I loved the argument that "Mormon Doctrine" by Bruce R. McConkie is not approved by the presidency therefore this guy's statements were false too. Great logic.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:06PM

I especially liked this part

"...Or is it open season on the dead prophets. Are they not wrong when they are alive then wrong when they are dead? When will the current incumbents be wrong or will they be always right?"

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:25PM

The TBM's are showing their true colors. Brown. As in head in a brown paper bag.

When I was in about 3rd to 8th grade I would walk several blocks to the library. On the way home I would stop in at the Catholic church and light a candle. I loved being in that church all alone. I loved that the doors were open and I could go in there any time. I loved the ambiance of the flickering candles and the stained glass windows. I thought the statues were a little creepy, but I loved the one of Mary that looked at you with such love on her face.

My TBM mother would have come apart at the seams if she'd of known about me going into that den of iniquity. I knew mormons were wrong about Catholics at a very young age. I had a friend who was Catholic. He was the one who showed me how to go in and light a candle and pray for someone, even if it was myself. I never went to a Catholic service, but I spent plenty of time in their Sanctuaries. As I got older and could drive, I went at least once a month to the Grotto in Portland. It's a beautiful and peaceful place. Especially at night.

https://thegrotto.org

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2016 02:16AM by madalice.

Posted by: maizyday ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:16AM

Here's a great comment:

(In reference to the Catholic Archbishop)

"....now, he will even be greater once he gets baptize into the Mormon faith".

Posted by: Mom2boys ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 03:26AM

Madalice, that is a beautiful memory. I was raised Catholic and I have always felt such peace in the beautiful old churches. I have never felt that going into an LDS one, actually I feel the opposite for some reason.

Wow to some of the comments.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 04:25AM

+1000

In agreement. It is a beautiful memory of Madalice shared with us. Although I wasn't raised a Catholic I've spent time inside some of its old sanctuaries to pray, sit through an occasional service, or to meditate. Some of my dearest friends have been Catholic.

Some of the sweetest, kindest, saintliest too of people I have known were Catholic.

I won't be reading the comments section on the LDS Living. Seen enough of its negativity here already. Will spare myself the trouble.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 07:50AM

the catholic church is a great church if you don't know anything and like to light candles. If you don't want to read any books and like to hear chanting in Latin and not understand anything. They are the definition of exploitation of Indians and Mexicans (19th century). When the BOM said the whore of Babylon that was an understatement, lol!

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 08:03AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Vatican_Council

and Bartolomé de las Casas was one of the first clerics in the Western world who advocated against the enslavement of Native Americans and also Africans -- in the sixteenth century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolom%C3%A9_de_las_Casas

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 08:31AM

There are things to rail about in the case of the Catholic Church, but there is no longer any chanting in Latin, and there hasn't been since the 1960s when Vatican II decreed that mass should be said in the vernacular.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 08:47AM

Actaully you can find parishes where the Extraordinary Form of the Mass is said.

It's not common, but it does exist. It was never abolished.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 11:34AM

Both forms are valid.

Posted by: neogalileo ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 08:57AM

Having just spent time in Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Napoli, including each city's key churches and museums, it is clear that there can be no doubt that the Catholic Church is focused on Jesus...his Mother...and seeking Saintliness.

- Jesus, as the embodiment of Godliness.

- Mary, as the embodiment of mankind linked to God.

- Mankind, as the creation of God, striving for Saintliness.

The Catholic Church is "One among Many", as dualistic and duplicitous and capable of good and evil, as is each individual man and woman on earth. Throughout history, when it thought it was "One above Many", it committed atrocities upon mankind, both physical and spiritual. There was also much good committed alongside.

Fortunately, the Catholic Church, via its Pope Francis, seems to be finally accepting its role as "One among Many", and is both opening its Tent and trying to remedy its imperfections.

The LDS Church is "One among Many", as dualistic and duplicitous and capable of good and evil, as is each individual man and woman on earth. It, however, has always thought itself as "One above Many", and as such has committed atrocities, both physical and spiritual. There was also much good committed alongside.

Unfortunately, The LDS Church, via HQ, will not relinquish its "One above Many" role, and, as such, it is not capable of remedying its imperfections.

Neo-Galileo

Posted by: exheed ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 09:09AM

Would commenting on the article itself be off-topic? If so, please just ignore this post.

It's about ignoring differences to amass power for "religious freedom." It reeks of abortion and LGBT "bakery" control. What else do they have in common? - Not even who they believe their gods to be, or visions of the afterlife. They are natural religious enemies of the other.

I see these issues as the most possible joint ventures. Yes, ignore worship and belief differences to join hands in hate.

This is the very definition of evil.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 10:09AM

LOL at the lady who thinks Catholic leaders have finally "realized" Mormonism is true because of "recent archaeological findings and the BOM."

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 11:32AM

Reading that really shows me just how bat5hit crazy so many of the LDS faith are.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:28PM

This guy is on a roll. I like him. :)

Here is one of his quotes after someone telling him to take a chill pill.

"[Insert Name] I see you are from the old school of the best form of defense is personal attack. I am merely pointing out the truth backed by quotes and references and you attack me. I am sure you are a valiant and courageous armchair warrior. 1 Corinthians 14:34 The highest reported demographic for taking chill pills are female Mormons from SLC."

Oh no he didn't! *snaps fingers* he busted out the women keep silence in the churches. XD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2016 12:39PM by scaredhusband.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 04:12PM

John McCrudden is my hero.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 04:35PM

Same old game: My God is better than your God. Never stops.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 07:48PM

Ouch...Cheri got owned...way to go Johnny..my new hero.

Cheri Brown Fisher Somebody needs a chill pill.
Yesterday at 12:35pm

John McCrudden
John McCrudden Cheri Brown Fisher I see you are from the old school of the best form of defense is personal attack. I am merely pointing out the truth backed by quotes and references and you attack me. I am sure you are a valiant and courageous armchair warrior. 1 Corinthians 14:34 The highest reported demographic for taking chill pills are female Mormons from SLC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.