Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 07:31PM

I got that question from a non LDS family member who just turned 18. She still values her LDS family and friends. I don't. They are an abusive, bigoted lot.

Like I asked her, "What its fine for Mormons to send out the worlds biggest army of 90,000 liars everyday to go convince the world they ought to sing the praises of sexuals predators, but its not ok for me to blow the whistle when I see innocent, gullible people who are being victimized generation after generation?"

I'll be quiet the day kids are no longer being raped because everybody wants to see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, which just enables the abuse to continue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 07:34PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:11PM

Cause it's my sworn duty.

RB

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:35PM

stating the truth is not bashing.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:53PM

^This^

Every time I question the church's validity, my TBM family cries persecution.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:40PM

As a waring to the world that the mormon "church" is a gigantic

pile of shit.

Posted by: battlebruise ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:42PM

Because the LDS church wasted 10 years of my life and drove a wedge between me and my family. I don't want that to happen to anyone else. It still hurts even after 40 years.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:45PM

without 'bashing', tscc is a POS; they Seldom bother to live up to their own claims; the disconnect between claims & reality is like the Grand Canyon; visible from space.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 08:55PM

I'm not Christian. I get bashed I bash back.

Posted by: GodLedMeOut nli ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:10PM

Because my patriarchal blessing told me to be a missionary wherever I go.

I think they gave me the wrong flip chart.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:15PM

Because it is fun???

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:20PM

It punches up, so I punch down. ;<\

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:45PM

Why does the mormon church still bash ex-member so long after they left?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:56PM

This is the current MoCulture:

they'll Use You Up as long as you conform to their rules; tithing, unquestioning deference to assumed authority, etc.

Use You Up: they'll bankrupt you & your family with $ & time DEMANDS; they'll bankrupt your associations / relationships by DEMANDING that your First Loyalty is to TSCC, not to any live human. They message a One Size Fits All approach to petty matters, down to diet, dress and, of course, Bonus Points if you only communicate in MoSpeak, using buzz-words, talking points, etc.

You MUST, upon attaining a leadership calling, learn to deflect sincere questions & facts that contradict the current line.

But the INSTANT you question anything about their claims, including historical or application - day-to-day practical aspects of 'living your religion', You're OUT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2016 10:03PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 24, 2016 09:59PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are an abusive,
> bigoted lot.

Supporting an abusive, bigoted organization a lot.

That is why I bash it.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 06:37AM

Telling the truth isn't bashing, it is a public service.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 07:48AM

The church has everything to lose if they don't continue to perpetrate the official story line. 10% of the member's incomes, for example. We have no financial incentive to tell our side of the story. Looking at it like that, who is more likely to be telling the truth? The one who wants your money, or the one who has nothing to lose or gain? That s how I look at it.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 08:54AM

They marginalize their critics and feel fully justified in turning our friends and relatives against us.

Posted by: cousin ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 09:03AM

Because telling the truth feels good

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 10:26AM

Why do I bash a certain political party years after I left it? Why do we bash anything? It's human nature to bash things that you see as stupid, nonsensical and dangerous. Especially when those things are affecting people you love. And even more when those things affected your life in a way that you will never be able to shake and live in fear of it doing the same thing to your grandchildren.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 10:41AM

No more brainwashing, no more bashing.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 10:51AM

When I was young I heard this constantly in the TBM community I was raised in:

Proverbs 22:6 KJV - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I do believe this scripture was used to comfort those whose loved ones had strayed, giving hope that all prodigal sons always return.

The sentiment of that verse looks very different through the other end of the looking glass now:

Indoctrinate a child heavily when they are young and when they are old they will still not be ABLE to depart easily from the deception. 22:6 BOV.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 11:00AM

Because they bashed me for 40 years...and like Don says, "I bash back."

Loved this,

"What its fine for Mormons to send out the worlds biggest army of 90,000 liars everyday to go convince the world they ought to sing the praises of sexuals predators, but its not ok for me to blow the whistle when I see innocent, gullible people who are being victimized generation after generation?"

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:13PM

Why? See Adam Sandler's "Anger Management".

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:19PM

Because I care about other people and being silent feels like I'm giving my tacit approval.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:01PM

Best response ever....+1000

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:23PM

for the same reason people fought polio,

for the same reason people send money to feed starving kids

for the same reason people fight drug addiction

for the same reason people do cancer research

for the same reason people advocate for clean energy

for the same reason people enacted laws against child abuse and elder abuse.

Want more?

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:55PM

diabetes, depression, loss of hearing, blindness

I've got a lot of learning to do.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:33PM

Because part of the oath an covenant of the priesthood relating to my duty to warn my neighbor I actually took seriously and still believe is a good human value? D&C 88:81

"...it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor,"

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 12:43PM

Bashing?... no, the wicked taketh the truth to be hard.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:23PM

1.) The world needs to be warned about the truth of this terrible religion. A full disclosure about the religion's dark side has not pervaded the public conciousness yet. Until it has, I've got work to do.
2.) At first, to state my real beliefs about the church was liberating. Now, it's to combat the church's missionary efforts. If they can't treat their former full-time missionaries with honesty and respect, all they do is unleash an even bigger army of highly educated (in the religion) people-in-opposition against themselves.
3.) To help anyone else out there who hears, with what they need to heal.
4.) To create a force that removes people from this terrible cult.
5.) To call the church on it's crap publicly, each time they publicly lie or create untrue perceptions. Without this counter-force, the religion will gain un-warranted acceptance in public institutions.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:26PM

'Cause (like you) I have family members still being harmed by the cult and its nefarious practices. And even if I didn't have family members being harmed, there would be *people* being harmed -- and I don't like that.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:34PM

Because at the most basic, preternatural, instinctive level, I want to hurt the thing that hurt me. There's a lot more, but yea. Also, I can attribute nearly everything that has gone wrong in my life, usually directly, sometimes indirectly, to the influence of mormonism, and my parent's decision to raise me in the religion.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:38PM

This is Bashing: "Mormons are all @$$h013$!"

This is NOT Bashing: "Joseph Smith used his position of
authority to coerce the wives and daughters of his followers to
have sex with him and then lied about it repeatedly."

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:52PM

Dead on. No bashing--just displaying and shining a spotlight on it. Big difference.

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:51PM

JS et. al. used the right of Freedom of Religion to do what they wanted! Even if it was a violation of civil or of God's Law (thou shall not lie, kill, commit adultery, steal, etc.).

All we are doing here is using our right of Freedom of Speech! When all you are doing is stating facts or opinions, you are protected by this right.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 01:55PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got that question from a non LDS family member who just turned 18. She still values her LDS family and friends. I don't. They are an abusive, bigoted lot.
>
> Like I asked her, "What its fine for Mormons to send out the worlds biggest army of 90,000 liars everyday to go convince the world they ought to sing the praises of sexuals predators, but its not ok for me to blow the whistle when I see innocent, gullible people who are being victimized generation after generation?"
>
> I'll be quiet the day kids are no longer being raped because everybody wants to see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, which just enables the abuse to continue.

Did you get any sort of response to this?

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 02:04PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 02:06PM

because they haven't stopped bashing me.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 02:22PM

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/primate-diaries/punishing-cheaters/

1) Evolution has hard-wired me with the urgent need to punish cheaters because it's vital for social cohesion.

2) Discrediting and undermining Mormonism is my way of "repenting" for any unintentional misguided damage that I did when I was doing the Church's bidding.

3) I believe that literal-minded fundamentalist religions are mankind's greatest threat. Each flavor of these bat shit crazy fairy tales poses it's unique problems that range from, trashing the earth because Jesus is gonna be here any day to fix it, to hastening God's work with a WMD.

4) It's become a minor hobby of mine and is sometimes it's just plain fun.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.