Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 05:21PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZxmW3AL.png

Recently, LDS statements have been made claiming that “homosexuals do not exist."

JOIN US ON APRIL 2 AS WE SHOW THAT YES, WE EXIST!

We live. We breathe. We exist. Come join us in downtown Salt Lake City as friends and allies. Let's show our rainbow colors.

ENJOY THE DAY: We will gather together to fill the downtown area and Temple Square with friends, allies, and families to demonstrate that we EXIST and that we are your neighbors, your fellow church members, your family members, your friends, your co-workers and we are real people.

This is not a protest, organized assembly or rally. Begin gathering in the downtown area at 10-11 AM. Wear rainbow colors as you prefer, or even merely rainbow neckties, scarves, armbands or even just buttons.

Begin to gather towards the Temple Square area at around 11:30 AM to be present on the streets, and in an around Temple Square as the AM Session lets out and people go off to lunch until the 2 PM Session begins. Those of you attending the AM Session will already be there. Our intent is not to confront or protest but to merely be present as real people. Our presence alone will be the message and a powerful reminder all through the day as each attendee cannot avoid seeing many, many people displaying their quiet, dignified solidarity. Long after the impact of the many routine conference talks fade, the memory of the hundreds of rainbow adorned people will remain.

Plan to stay in the area during the LDS conference break. Tour the Mall (but don't buy anything!). Stroll about the downtown area. Tour Temple Square, the Conference Center, the Visitor's Centers, the Joseph Smith Building. Be happy and positive and merely BE, so that others may have a chance to EXIST too!

Remember it will be the sheer number of people and the unavoidable sight of quiet, happy and positive rainbow allies that will leave an idelible impression. That's why we need YOU to be there, and your families and friends!

Warmly greet your friends and allies! If you wish, kindly introduce yourselves to conference goers and remind them that we EXIST!

A reminder that any evidence of an organized march or protest, either as a group or individually, may be characterized as a protest and you may expect to be asked to leave. Therefore please do not bring signs or confront anyone or preach in any way.

FINALLY at the end of the Conference break please JOIN US for lunch and socializing. Beginning at 2 PM and anytime until 4 PM please join us at 50 West Cafe, on 300 South and West Temple (about a block and a half south of City Creek Center). We have reserved room seating for 200+ and we are welcome to order lunch and drinks (on our own) from the menu for as long as we like (Many Thanks to 50 West Cafe for the support!)

After a long day of adventure we will want to share stories, meet up, and give each other some love and support.

This will be a great way to wind up the day, share friendship and camaraderie and reflect on the work ahead. We can't wait to see you there!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2016 11:10PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: I-da-ho ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 10:53PM

Posted by: I-da-ho ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 07:33PM

Topping again for the weekend crowd.

Date: April 01, 2016 07:12PM

Topping. This is tomorrow.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 08:50PM

Is the mall open on Sundays?

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 09:25AM

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 10:48AM

I wish I could go. I'm in AZ.
I am picturing the seen in Horton Hears a Who!
We are here! we are hear! we are hear!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 01, 2016 07:16PM

Wish I could be there as a show of support even though I am not gay. I think this is a great idea for conference weekend!!! I wish you all the best and a great turnout! SHOW THEM YOU DO IN FACT EXIST AND THAT INDEED YOU ARE GREAT COMMUNITY MEMBERS!!!!!

As the old saying goes, knock them dead!

Date: April 01, 2016 07:47PM

The Mall is not open Sundays. This event is only tomorrow, Saturday, and not on Sunday.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 01, 2016 10:27PM

Posted by: munchkin ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 06:40PM

Well, did this happen? I'm thousands of miles away, so I can't participate, but I hope this turned out well.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 07:58PM

I didn't see or find their parade but one of the two women who shouted out "OPPOSED!" during the sustaining of officers vote wore a rainbow "WeEXIST" button.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.