Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon here ( )
Date: March 25, 2016 11:23PM

This video of Mason Wells show him talking and moving his head and arm freely, as if he isn't in any discomfort. Something just isn't right about all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqukzIvhnWM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 25, 2016 11:25PM

Posted by: g0rgone ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 10:33AM

I am an ex surgical tech, with over a decade of experience in the body modification industry as well (I've worked with many burn survivors as a micropigmentologist).

As we all know, burns are incredibly painful. They are the f**kn worst! A day after large 3rd degree burns?? This guys face would be puffy, streaked with purple, bloodshot eyes and mouth leaking, and he would be mostly unable to speak. His arm would not have that ease in mobility, nor would he be inclined to move his neck at all. Any movement in the neck would be excruciating. Also, after surviving a concussive blast like that, with applied burns to the face....I would bet good money your eyebrows and lashes would be singed away, especially on the blast side.

Also, wouldn't we be seeing real emotions...like tears?.... shouldn't he be crying and blubbering about the spirit, his family, and bearing his testimony? Seems very robotic, struggling to remember his "lines', not someone who just survived a terrorist attack.

Meters?? I thought he was American. Also, I would also suggest that lighting professionals and cameras are not allowed in burn units. I see or hear nothing in the background that would make me believe that he was in an actual hospital.

My two cents...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 12:03PM

I thought he got 2nd degree burns?

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 01:09PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought he got 2nd degree burns?

Wells said that he had second and third-degree burns on his hand and similar burns on his face.

Date: March 26, 2016 09:12PM

Date: March 26, 2016 10:24PM

By three quarters into the video he had looked that way 16 times.

Posted by: You too? ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 11:48AM

All things yield to the PR program of the Mormon Church.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 11:56AM

Without being able to personally examine his wounds, there's no way to be able to judge. All that's left then, is to be judgemental instead, I guess?

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 09:30PM

Pfffft...I'm with gOrgone. He sounds knowledgeable and credible, not judgmental.

;o)

Date: March 27, 2016 02:09PM

Thanks Shannon. I also agree that it is difficult to tell the severity of the wounds without admiring them personally. However; I'm admittingly only judgemental of mormons anyhow, but that's only because I'm a survivor(and a lady at that ;)

Plus my film degree gets in the way. I over analyze technical details I see on the cathode ray.

Date: March 27, 2016 03:34PM

Were you badly scarred? I do paramedical tattooing and scar revision. A saline treatment can resurface a scar and make it softer, more flexible. Some also request pigment to match the gaps. Others want to have the appearance of having their body or facial hair back. It brings back their sense of self after a disfigurement. It is truly a gift.

I got into this field because I too have been burned. I had to have some reconstructive work done on my hands after receiving 2nd & 3rd degree burns. My first teenage boyfriend attempted to fling boiling hot grease into my face on New Years Eve. Luckily, I reacted quickly, my hands and forearms took the majority of the damage, & my long hair took the rest by melting. I was 19.

My fiance's older brother was beaten, soaked in gasoline, & torched in public during a rally (along with a female friend). Then they were dumped in a ditch and left to die. He died 3 days later, mostly a cinder in a hospital bed. Practically no one in this country has heard of that horrendous incident, and yet this kid's pathetic interview is being broadcasted all over. For what? Is he a hero? Did he save lives that day? Did he lead people to safety? Is he a new martyr? For what, I want to know.

Fire, although necessary, can be a nasty beast, much like the humans who choose to wield it with evil intentions. We have a solemn and silent respect for fire in this house. The fact I have a enough humor left in me to dissect (a video of a kid who is probably acting) without scathing bitterness is probably the best gift of all.

So tell me, am I "experienced"?

Date: March 27, 2016 04:03PM

Your last sentence created an image of Jimi Hendrix in my mind.

No challenge to your experience or credentials is intended. I'm only insisting that there is not near enough info in the public realm related to that young man's injuries to enable an accurate passing of judgment on his behaviors. Nor is there a need to pass such judgement.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 06:54PM

As was posted on my FB from the satirical God: You won't see anyone change their profile pic to the Pakistani flag.
You won't see the hashtag ‪#‎JeSuisPakistan‬ trending.
You won't see anyone sending prayers on Facebook.
You might not see any other posts about this at all.
But their lives are just as innocent and just as important.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/27/suicide_bomber_kills_at_least_65_mostly_women_and_children_in_pakistan_park.html?utm_content=inf_11_2641_2&wpsrc=socialedge&tse_id=INF_e8ea1a65f696421c8ea0ac03d16ed40c

Date: March 27, 2016 02:40PM

I'll see your "knowledgeable and credible" and raise you a first hand experience. I was camping many years ago and by pure clumsiness, fell into the fire. I ended up with severe burns on both fore arms, my left hand and my back. First, second and third degree. The skin on my right fore arm, about 6-8 square inches worth, fell off when we doused it with water. We drove down off the rim to the ER. The doc bandaged me up, I went back to camping and enjoyed the rest of the outing. I took it easy, to be sure, but enjoyed myself nonetheless. It matters where the burns are, how the severest burns are distributed, and what percentage of your skin has been affected. You can't tell that from the video. But hey, if you can't judge up close, might as well be judgemental from a far, right?

Date: March 27, 2016 03:36PM

oops. Posted in wrong place... please see above

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:43PM

NBC reported about Wells, "He had only been in Brussels for six weeks," Wells' weeping mother, Kymberley Wells, told NBC News. "We found out when we were called early this morning. We don't know enough about his injuries yet."

In a later statement, the worried mom said Wells was undergoing an operation to repair damage to his foot. (NBC)

The BBC reported, "Mr Wells is expected to make a full recovery after suffering injuries including a severed Achilles tendon and severe burns." Apparently his were worse than his companion's were. It was Elder Empey who only suffered 2nd degree burns, not Elder Wells.

He was able to speak because he was conscious. He wasn't in an induced coma like Elder Norby was placed into.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 03:58PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 07:08PM

He survived 3 terrorist attacks? I don't think so.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 11:42PM

anon here Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This video of Mason Wells show him talking and
> moving his head and arm freely, as if he isn't in
> any discomfort. Something just isn't right about
> all of this.

Quite right, and it's totally typical of a new profession called Scripted Crisis Acting.

Elder Mason Wells seems headed for the Shriner Clown Hall of Fame for his performance in hospital.

His eyes (brows unsinged) are alertly darting down to the script. His nose (seen still delightsomly white through the gauze), lips and at least one ear are still rosy and pink.

Lame, transparent footage.

The writers of these crisis scripts are generating worse copy with every false-flag they stage.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 12:34AM

I am skeptical about the crisis acting thing. It smells too much like conspiracy theories but he is already under LDS PR management who scheduled his interviews and probably also provided him a script what he is allowed and expected to say.
What about the InjuriesI don't know but I suffered from a very geavy sunburn on my face that already popped out bubbles - I couldn't move and speak until I was treated with painkillers and other treatments. After that it was still a pain but somehow possible

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.