Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 01:13PM

About the serial child rapist who's praises they want you to sing? What if they tried to convert you to their barbaric beliefs?
How are Mormons any different from Muslims?
Why is it acceptable for Mormons but nit Muslims to come knock on your door and try to convince you to believe in their primative gods, or suffer their God's wrath? Real soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2016 01:15PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 01:21PM

I've sort of wondered that myself. How is Joseph Smith and different than the other guy? How was the early culture of the church so different? I see very little difference in terms of male domination and perversion.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 02:05PM

Islam would still be false.

Date: March 26, 2016 02:27PM

So would The Doomsday Sex Cult of Joseph's Myth, be false. Actually, I think the religions that field the biggest armies of Recruiters, is the most false.
Truth doesnt require a sales force or a Marketing scheme, that'd be a fraud.
Its like Amway.
They will tell you anything just to get you tgrough the door, which is where it starts getting really wierd, cult like, and creepy as hell! But since there are other intelligent, successful people doing tge same thing, you go along with it in the hopes of being as successful someday. And thats where the delusion enters in, tgats where you begin to accept nonsense as sense. Lies as truth. Black for white and white for black.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:32AM

"Most false"?
Both are lies, I'm not following your logic. Islam is marketed as a religion of peace, not a religion of submission, Pray, pay, and obey. 90,000 liars don't stand a chance against 1.2 million death cult radicals. To be clear for you regressives, I'm not saying ALL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 12:04PM by Cpete.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 02:42PM

To be clear...
I can't speak for all RM's, but for many.
I did not lie.
I did my best to spread what I believed to be true and valuable, and I did so with utterly sincere intentions.
Were the things I taught true? No. Because I was deceitful? No, it was because I was fed misinformation.

My fellow RM's and I were not liars.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 03:29PM

Did you withhold information about the church that you knew or should have known would make investigators think twice about joining the church? If yes, that is a lie of omission and is still a lie.

I am not blaming you; you were told that that is whT God wanted you to do but it is still lying.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 05:06PM

That idea involves withholding vital information from "investigators" want to know until they are baptized and manipulated to give tithes and do callings.

No one hides the existence of knives, forks, meat and tuna casseroles from babies until they're old enough to participate in normal adult eating. Until that point, they watch everyone else openly eating in plain sight.

Milk before meat is lying, plain and simple since the definition is the intent to deceive.

Date: March 26, 2016 04:28PM

Now they have the gaul to pretend like they knew all of these despicable things about Joseph's Myth all along and its our fault for not finding out?
It was different before when Joseph and Brighams sexual exploits were hidden away, deep in the Presidents vault. Now that its public knowledge, theyre not interested in talking about it?
Thats lying by ommission.
These, informatoon age, days you have to lie to represent an inherently dishonest institution. How else are you going to defend singing the praises of a sexual predator and putting another ones name on your resume?

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 04:54PM

I did lie occasionally at the start of my mission. Then I figured out ways not to do it. I really hated lying, even though I realized the church was lying to me about what I considered small things. Then a few years later the big issues reared their ugly behinds right in my face.

The bigger problem for me was the general ethical issue of converting people who would then be expected to go through an ugly temple ritual and then wear ugly garments. I never lied about it, but as others have pointed put I was deceiving by omission. That was an awful feeling to live with.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 06:48AM

I am a former mish. I was a liar.

Of course, that's not how I saw things back then. I think I really did have good intentions. I don't recall ever saying anything that was patently false - or at least, not knowingly. But I was definitely guilty of the lies of omission. Big time.

And the biggest victim of my lies was myself. At that point in my life, I simply wasn't able to handle the truth. And so I lied to myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 06:50AM by Strength in the Loins.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 04:45PM

Oddly enough, there were some guys like that at my university before 9/11. Muslims from India, student volunteers but maybe paid on the side. They disappeared a few months after 9/11.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 04:51PM

"How are Mormons any different from Muslims?"

In my opinion, there are fewer RADICAL Muslims than RADICAL Mormons. Both religions have their RADICAL groups, but Mormons have more and the society around where they are accept them and support them [including financially until recently] as I understand it. I know that average Muslins are afraid of their RADICAL groups, [who isn't], but I'm not sure if they support them financially like TBMs support their RADICAL groups.

Has anyone heard anything further about the Short Creek indictments/arrests? Are they going to ignore these assholes again?

BTW - I am adding this a bit later. My numbers of RADICALS are based on percentaqes of total TBMS and total Muslims. I did not mean that there are more TBM Radicals in the world. That could not be since there are so many fewer TBMs in the world. I hope everyone reading it got that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2016 06:34PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Reality Checker ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 05:37PM

There are actually more Muslim dissemblers than LDS "lyin' for the Lord" sorts.

The Google god tells me there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, and even with the inflated number of 16 million LDS--look for that number to be the next claim from GC--means that there are 100 times as many Muslims as LDS. The actual figures could even be twice that or higher.

Muslims, of course, aren't centrally organized the way Mormons are, but make no mistake about, the propaganda operations are extant in both cases.

The problem is separating the violent fanatics from the peaceful sorts in both cases, and I suggest that is what is problematic.

Given the recent activities of a certain "Mormon Ranching" group, I'll suggest it's an accurate analogy to compare them to the Muslim terrorists, and my guess is the percentages would be similar. Mormons, of course, would be utterly offended with the comparison, but given the support they found in the LDS Corridor, methinks they protest too much.

As for the activities of the LDS proselyte crowd, they are essentially non-violent, but nevertheless promote enslavement.

Date: March 26, 2016 05:01PM

None of them are welcome. It's my door and get choose who approaches it or who is invited inside.

Mormons, Muslims, JWs, Born again Christians, a pox on all of them. They can preach their drivel elsewhere. I won't provide for their proclivities.

That goes double or triple if I'm ill in a hospital room.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: March 26, 2016 05:02PM

"Has anyone heard anything further about the Short Creek indictments/arrests? Are they going to ignore these assholes again?"

Yes- the mormons ignore them, hoping (for decades) that they'll gently go away. But the Feds, and now the rest of the US, know what's really going on and are shocked. My friends in other states never fully believed me about Short Creek, but now that the Feds took over, they can't believe this shit happens in America. People that had no opinion about mormonism, now see them for the sick crap that they started.

Posted by: stevespoonemore ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:05AM

NeverMo point of view:

Lots of NonMos are vaguely predisposed to like Mormonism because it a American, widely thought to be wholesome and family oriented. Solid. Respectable. Boy Scout-ish.

Islam does not compete in American NonMo estimations.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 03:16PM

^ This. Islam isn't white and delightsome enough.

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 06:41AM

It's not that one is acceptable and the other not, it's just that Islam does not tend to knock on doors. Personally, given the choice, I would prefer someone to knock on my door and have a dignified discussion rather than being dragged onto a beach and having my head cut off, which AFAIC Mormons have never done.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 08:01AM

Sorry op47 ...youve been mislead...perhaps not dragged onto a beach but throats were cut...look into cedar city bishop and stake pres...cutting throats is extremely up close and personal...rifle balls at five feet and bludgeoning with rifle butts seemed more mormon....if the dispatch of certain natives is believed hot bayonets shoved in ears...babies dashed upon rocks would seem the preferred way of dealing death for the good ol church...the brutality we see from certain muslins today was alive and well in early utah...perhaps hundreds were not drug onto a beach...but their bones sure littered the east bench many with throats cut...there was an old saying in utah...cut off behind the ears...it wasnt a pleasant place for dissenters

Date: March 27, 2016 03:03PM

We used to see advertising billboards along the freeways and have seen muslims passing out fliers at train stations. My BIL's neighbor gave him a Koran and wanted to talk about joining up, but BIL said no.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.