Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 06:13PM

I really want to launch into a several page, cuss filled rant but I'm trying to be nice.

Stunted

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 06:15PM

Posted by: tbirdguy ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 06:17PM

There are SO many things to hate about it, on so many levels. I hear ya.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 06:50PM

I wanted to post this exact same statement last week. Actually, I'd be posting "I hate mormonism" almost every week if I didn't hold back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 08:08PM by emanon.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 07:02PM

I do too, Stunted. I've had some things happen lately that show me how horrible a religion it is and how it turns some folks into people I don't like very well.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 07:34PM

but how are things going where your mother is concerned?

Posted by: Emmas Flaming Sword ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 07:16PM

Posted by: star1bandit ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 07:19PM

No it's not pure poison. It's poisoned honey. You go in for the sweet stuff and keep asking for more until either it kills you, or you read the label on the bottle that says "Warning, do not consume" and believe it.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 07:28PM

Antifreeze maybe?

Posted by: Interested ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:05AM

you won't let us live in peace.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:06AM

Some things are destructive. Mormonism is really insidiously evil. I'm talking to my TBM brother a lot lately, and I can tell he's stuck. It wasn't like this when he was younger, but what began small has gotten so big that he has basically made his bed. It's sad, because he's an amazing guy.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:04PM

If Alex, that makes me sad.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:32PM

Yeah, that's Alex. He doesn't really talk about it, but I can tell he'd rather be out there making something of himself instead of squandering his life as a Mormon serf in Utah.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 03:12PM

Knew him the couple years before his mission. Haven't seen him since he went Utah though.

Posted by: allwhowander ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:07AM

And I am trying to face the fact I will be spending a week with 70 of them at a ranch in the middle of nowhere, Utah.

Family reunion. sigh.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:10AM

It feels good to let it out!

Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:30AM

I never thought it would be possible to HATE something as much as I hate Mormonism. I'd love to wear a t-shirt with "I HATE THE MORMON CHURCH" on it 24/7.

As for Mormons, I feel nothing but sorrow and pity for them. They are being used by a vampire who wants nothing more than to suck them dry.

Mormonism is sewage....vile garbage....filth....it's a cancer. The world would have been so much better had Joseph Smith never been born.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:35AM

I, as well, wish JS had never been born. The world, esp. Utah, would be a far better place today.

Mo's really do think they have the one and only truth and that they are better than other people.

When TBM, I used to think that; I truly believed God loved mormons most. How stupid is that?

I cannot believe now that I could have ever been so shallow, arrogant and closed minded, and honestly, I did not even see that in myself.

I never knew ANY of my non mormon neighbors, not one, had not a clue who they were, nor cared. That is just sad. So glad to be out.

I know I am a better person that I EVER was as a mo, still far from perfect, but much improved as I have learned to think and act for myself, instead of always being told how to live.

One can never truly grow up under that kind of indoctrination.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 01:47AM by think4u.

Posted by: littleperry ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:49PM

When I was a TBM, I never thought that I was better than everyone else, in fact I've always thought that everyone else is better than me. I always knew that God loves everyone equally, we are all His children. Most of my friends aren't mormon and I love them to death. I just thought I would add that not every mormon (or ex-mormon) on the face of the planet believes they are better than everyone else. There is at least one that doesn't.

Posted by: testiphony ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 03:13PM

Mormons are told regularly they are god's elect, a special, set apart generation. Yet they are also told they aren't doing enough-more HT'ing, more donations, more member mish work, stop masturbating, and so on.

So that can create an assortment of internal states for mormons themselves. But I think what we're talking about is how Mormons come across to others, and it's highly elitist even when they don't necessarily feel superior.

Posted by: free2bme ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:56AM

little bird, you've landed on the wrong branch so fly, fly away and leave us wise owls to hoot in peace. fly back though if you ever decide to open your mind to reality and fact.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 02:10AM

You're a great guy and you certainly don't deserve whatever doo-doo is coming your way.

If it's time for another Starbucks Sunday, let us know.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 11:55AM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:01PM

Uh, where did bird come from?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:46PM

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:26PM

I'm honored that the little birdie chose my post to poop on!

Posted by: Triumph The Insult Comic Dog ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:29PM

... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 12:42PM

The Bird is a turd!
Congrats!

Susan

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:04PM

Lately all the morgbot spammers have been randomly commenting about how cool mormons are, and doing it on threads that are months (sometimes years) old. WTF? It's got to be a google search pulling up the thread, and then they pop in to tell us how we're all meany heads, and they they vanish back into the night.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:35PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 13, 2011 01:38PM

I'm really coming to hate all the manmade shit that's in TSCC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.