Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 01:31PM

You do not have a middle initial in your name? Can you be saved by the Mormon god without first having a letter between you first and last name. Is this a secret Mormon temple thing or is it just sheep following their leaders.

Jebus didn't have a middle name.... (Correction: After some further research I stand corrected. His middle initial is H.)

Can one just pick any of the 26 letters of the alphabet or any of the 47 letters of the Adamic alphabet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 01:31PM by davetheseer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:21PM

I was told about 50 years ago that males were given first and middle names at birth.

Girls on the other hand were only given first names, this was so that when they got their secret new name at baptism, and when she got married this became her middle name and only her and her husband knew it.

He needed that name to call her thru the veil so she could pass into the CK.

Did I remember this correctly, is it still somewhat true?

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:46PM

No, that's a bit mixed up. Women/girls don't get a new name at baptism. They can and do have middle names.

Women get a new name when they do their "endowment" in the temple, as an adult. The part about only the husband knowing is true, yes. Yes, he needs her new name to call her through the veil to go to the CK.
The husband gets to know the wife's new name. He also gets a new name in the temple, but the wife does NOT get to know it.

Very weird and creepy.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:34PM

Not possible if you're a female to share in the rich church blessings period..... whether you have a middle initial or not.

Who cares if sister Kathryn Billings, the new Relief Society General President, has a middle initial or doe not? The men in conference, watch them, do not listen to what she has to say....hells bells, she is only a woman.

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 04:47PM

OMG, I never noticed that before! How can they even...all I do is shake my head anymore.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 05:37PM

My nevermo kids each have 3 names as does one of my granddaughters....so there.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 11:46PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 27, 2016 11:38PM

The rule regarding an initial being necessary is quite true. In my mind I have elevated the prophet JS to Joseph H. Smith.

The one exception to the rule is the letter X. It is immediately assumed that you are Catholic if you have a name that starts with X.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.