Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 12:32PM

In addition to one in Ecuador, Brazil and a city in Peru that already has one.

Tommy can't make a FOUR minute speech without breathing heavily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 12:40PM

Ecuador also already has a temple

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 12:46PM

The existing temple in Ecuador is in Guayaquil on the coast, which is an overnight bus trip from Quito, where the new temple is planned.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:03PM

Harare, Zimbabwe; Quito, Ecuador; Belém, Brazil; and a second temple in Lima, Peru.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:25PM

There salivating over great tithing settlements for TR's with those 10 trillion dollar Zimbabwe bank notes, but nobody reminded them that they're only worth 40 cents US...

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:26PM

TSM is probably bosom buddies with Zimbabwe's vicious dictator Robert Mugabe.

RB

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:30PM

It's an interesting insight into where the Church is growing, and where it isn't.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 03:20PM

Yes, exactly. Growth will come from South America and Africa. Europe is finished.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:35PM

Out of all the things they could spend money on to actually help people, they build buildings for their rituals instead.

God needs people to learn hand shakes, new names and dress up. Riiiiight.

If there was ever any question about the real motives of this religion when they insist they are about charity and service, just look at the buildings and priorities. Follow the money.

Posted by: Anon 4 this ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:40PM

Zimbabwe ditched their local currency years ago. US dollars and South African rands now the currency. Vast majority of the population live well below the poverty line but the cult will insist on taking its cut of the little they have and they will pay because they will be thrilled to get this temple as it is now within their reach as most could not afford the trip to Johannesburg previously. Beautiful country, beautiful people whose trusting nature and generosity has been exploited for generations. Eddie Dube is not in on the scam. His background makes him the perfect unquestioning yes man for the 15 mukiwas at the top.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 05:41PM

Do you suppose that one of the GA received a special email?

"Hello,

Please help. I have a just won over 500 million dollars, but it is tied up in my country's bank. If you could provide your bank account then you can claim the money and it will be sent your account.

I am a good man and a God fearing soul. I will gladly build a church in your name from the money that I keep as a way to honor your kindness and generosity."

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 05:54PM

Hahaha:) This board needs a 'Like"/ 'thumbs up' button. Anyone agree?

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 05:55PM

Nothing like building a temple in one of the most troubled cities in the world. It's akin to building a temple in Bengazi. As someone states above, someone is chummy with Mugabe, and has paid him and his peeps a lot of money for this. They'll have to pay even more to keep it unmolested by the Zimbabwean authorities and military. And who knows? Once built, it may never open. The point is not to have people go through it, but to hold it up as a piece of jewellery, a signal of regional success.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:55PM

Hey I just thought of something!

In addition to being one of the world's most notorious despots, Mugabe is also a major racist, I believe using the term "white devils".

How the hell does a church once reviled for prohibiting blacks from full membership, get invited to build it's House of the Lord?????

I'll go insane if any TBM disputes bribery was involved.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 09:16PM

After a show, a Marimba & Mbira band from Zimbabwe, invited us back to their pad and played some of the most beautiful music you've ever played-sang-heard... all night long.

1a.m.
4(went by like that)
6(sun comes up)
7(we leave for it's morning now)
Still playing. You ever heard or played the Mbira, with indigenous players, you know what I mean.

Zimbabwe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2016 09:17PM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.