Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 01:59PM

I mean, they haven't said anything particularly inflammatory yet, have they?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 02:01PM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping they break out the big bats in the final inning.

Posted by: naw ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 02:10PM

No, they're reading RfM and making notes.

The play-by-play on how to save TSCC is all here, but maybe they have only started with baby Step #1 - Choose Shut Up over Stupid.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 02:11PM

In the past several years they have had way too many screw-ups and gaffes. Their whole mandate now is to continue damage control and try, try not to mess things up. The most recent directive must be to keep everything well-scripted, mainstream and moderate.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:51PM

I agree - this time around, they decided to see how playing it safe works. There weren't any gaffes or mishaps - instead it was dull and plodding and should manage to keep minds asleep and question free.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 03:07PM

I think most of their PR blunders occur when they attempt to act discreetly like when they quietly make changes to the bishop's handbook. I remember bishops reading lots of letters detailing changes in church policy (ward building usage etc) back in the 90s.

Posted by: savagestarlight ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:34PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2016 04:38PM by savagestarlight.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 05:04PM

GC is like a convention of expert mechanics where the top mechanics get up and give speeches about how an internal combustion engine works.

Except that the expert mechanics would look at each other and say "There's nothing new, we know all this stuff; why are we wasting our time!?"

And they'd leave.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:39PM

Expert mechanics that wouldnt know a dipstick from a larry wrench...these are business dudes not scriptorians...not learned...just business managers masquerading as not so humble witnesses of the name of christ...and they only do that with mediocrity...besides Tristan said EH...tristan is from canada...if they were these expert mechanics those briefcase answers would long ago have averted the swedish mess...Tom Phillips...and the avalanche of people that can run a mouse..i mean really...how good do you even have to be at business when 5-8 billion just pours in to dispense at your liesure...an idiot could run that for years...so far i see land and housing...not reallyy even diverse...with no accounting its difficult to say how expertly they even manage...ive known a couple ranch managers...boy if thats the best you got...thank gawd for cheap labor

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:44PM

No fuss about religious liberty, right?

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 07:07PM

It reminds me of the poisonous cake in the old Peter Pan. So delicious, and without poison it would be just fine. But it's the little bit of poison that ruins it all.

GC is so worldly in that it sounds so good. Until you read between the lines, where you see the toxic manipulation that destroys lives and families. Things like "you're not allowed to get angry" and "you must forgive abusers even if they don't stop their behavior" and "you are not allowed to question the leaders at all or else your reputation will be intentionally destroyed."

All so sweet, but ultimately the sum total is more destructive than instructive or constructive.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 07:47PM

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 07:30PM

Like to think that they are running scared of so many members finding the door so decided to bring in a lot of Jesus and Heavenly Father and steer clear of anything too much off the beaten bath. The thought of their pockets not being stuffed with more money than they know what to do with was just a little too real for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.