Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:13PM

Even while helped to the podium he walked very gingerly, bent ovrr. He is in far worse condition than Monson.
You don't see it on the live feed, but he is sitting on a raised stool, he is not standing.

Now speaking about the Holy Ghost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Friend ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:19PM

This kind of stuff is abuse of old people!

Where's Utah Social Services?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:25PM

He sounds even worse than he did 6 months ago. (I couldn't bear to look at the TV as I made my way to the kitchen.)

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:27PM

I keep seeing "abuse of old people" being thrown around here, which is really strange to me.

Guys guys guys....these ARE the LEADERS lol. If they wanted out they have full control to leave at any time. They are choosing this hell of a lifestyle for themselves.

Posted by: throckmorton.p.guildersleeve ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:30PM

Here is the thing, I dont see Monson or Hales having the physical strength to be do anything on their own at this point. They may well be forced to do these things by their handlers. We have no idea. They are feeble and heavily dependent on others. They are being wielded by the church like puppets.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:32PM

I remembered his name but didn't recognize the man giving the talk so I Googled a picture of him and immediately realized who it was.

Oh. My. Yes, he's a shadow of his former self.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 04:51PM

Maybe the U.S. Senate is the second best geriatric facility in the country.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:04PM

For some reason, I thought he had already died.

Posted by: Dogbligger ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 06:57PM

imaworkinonit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For some reason, I thought he had already died.

At a stake conference some years ago, he said he had died and returned a few times. NDE style.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 10:22PM

He's 83. Nelson is 91, Oaks 83, Ballard 87.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 05:22AM by summer.

Posted by: Duke of Earl Grey ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 11:22PM

Scott is dead.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 05:21AM

Right, sorry -- will edit.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 11:06PM

Yes, I said yesterday I expect that he won't make Oct. conference.

Monson is in much better shape

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 11:11PM

Does anyone know what he is struggling with, medical speaking? Something is wrong, health wise

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 03, 2016 11:16PM

He's neither hale nor hearty.

Posted by: Inquiring Mind ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 12:54AM

I'm not even LDS, but it is so obvious to me that the best man among the top 12 is Mr. Uchtdorf. He's younger, very articulate, appears healthy and vital and also seems to have a good wife. He has many good years left in him! He's also a religious moderate. This man needs to be assigned the top job, even though he hasn't climbed through all the chairs. He's proven himself capable of top management with a major airline. Now let's let him do the job he needs to do for his church.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 01:41AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 07:35PM

anybody in their mid 70's as uchtdorf is can have their health preciptously decline overnight.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 03:05AM

No, they promote in just about the worst way possible: Seniority. Often times this amounts to literal age seniority; Often-times the prophet is the oldest of the apostles, Like Hinckley was after David B. Haight died.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 07:08PM

Couldn't they at least make him straighten his glasses correctly? He's a Prophet of God, yet is wearing his specs crookedly.

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 07:26PM

Elder Hales doesn't have much time left. His body will soon be retired to the earth - the final chapter. He will cease to be. We are all destined for the same.

He is wearing oxygen therapy eyeglasses so yes, they might not sit perfectly on his nose. His cardiovascular system is so weak that he requires constant therapy. If you look carefully you'll see the feed lines coming down the side of his nose and into his nostrils. The tank and pump are nearby.

I'm sure he wishes he could live out the rest of his days in the solitude of his own loved ones - but no - he is put on the stage like all the rest of his geriatric brothers. Sort of sad really.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 07:54PM

He actually looks better than he did 2-3 years ago. He's had health problems for a while now.

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 07:58PM

Can someone please provide a link to the old men discussed in this thread? I haven't thought about the church in quite some time but 'twould be interesting to see those old familiar faces and see how they're aging.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 08:00PM

Google is your friend.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 04, 2016 08:03PM

Hales is frail. But Bednar is hale.

And after watching Monson lose his mind to diabetes and circulatory problems, none of the apostles are likely to touch sugared Pepsi again. So Bednar should last a good 30 more years. That would make him 93 at his demise, 10 years older than Hales is now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.