Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pathdocmd ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 05:09PM

The wife has been my friend’s nanny for the past few months. She moved with her husband here temporarily so he could work on a computer project that was supposed to last about six months. She is 32 years old and the only wife. They don’t have any children, so I think there is a fertility issue (or a worthiness issue – just kidding). She wears the typical prairie dresses and FLDS hair style. She is very nice and a fantastic nanny. Yesterday she told my friend that today would be her last day. Out of the blue she and her husband were ordered to return to Hilldale ASAP, but she didn’t give a reason. Hilldale is about 800 miles away, and they need to get there by Wednesday. She was told that she would be in Hilldale only a short time, maybe a few days, and then she would be going to a polygamist colony in Colorado, where she was living before coming here. The FLDS church has been in the news quite a bit lately, and I am wondering if any of you know about something brewing in that community that might explain this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 05:53PM

The different prophets and so-called leaders get stirred up and issue such orders depending on their bosom burnings. Usually they're exercising their authority and running people around for the rush it gives them. Sometimes, they threaten and issue orders to buck up their money reserves or to gain more wives and children for their legacy.

What nastiness is going on this time? I shudder to think! I'd never let a polygamous worshipper be in charge of any child. Never! I like children too much for that.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 05:53PM

I haven't heard much in the wind living close, but I will put my feelers out. I am sure that someone has heard if there is something going on. I will return and report.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 07:51PM

Warnys crew are almost always in constant limbo...callings can be discipline...or heading projects...or just a scmuck to do the grunt work...most are absolute drudgery...think lyle heffs son in Prophets Prey and the dairy in Texas...i ran into a wife of warnys living in isolation in alberta last summer...most have a watchman appointed to be sure the weaker sex doesnt fall into bye and forbidden...after warnys orgies im not sure what bye and forbidden might be...it can also entail hiding from the law or supervising a place of refuge...its all cloak and dagger waiting for the BIG CALL...its only been close to two hundred years yet calls are answered with urgency like this time it might be the real thing...instead of another idiotic test..poor buggers

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 09:52PM

Where in Alberta? Not in the Moridor hopefully.

RB

Date: April 12, 2016 02:32AM

Since I first posted my friend told me that she mentioned recently that her father had been "making some waves" in the church and didn't always agree with the leaders. One possibility is that the father's family is being taken away from him, or she might be taken away from her husband because he hasn't been able to impregnate her. Either way I will probably never know. She isn't allowed to have contact with my friend and his wife after Wednesday. My friend gave her a web link where he posts pictures and videos of his children and told her she can keep in touch that way, and she said she would visit the site whenever possible. At least she had a few months of experiencing a normal, healthy family. Hopefully it planted some seeds.

Date: April 12, 2016 06:04PM

Mystery solved: She finally confided that her father is going to testify against the FLDS church. I don't know if it is related to the food stamp fraud case or the abuse of municipal authority investigation. This couple plans to take care of a few things in Hilldale then go into hiding for a while until things settle down.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 06:07PM

Yikes. I hope she's going to be ok. I can't wait for this sicko church to go down!

Posted by: lolly18 ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 09:44PM

For several years now, FLDS members have been forbidden to have sex with their spouses. Warren appointed "seedbearers" to impregnate wives (husbands can attend, but not participate, there are also two witnesses). Needless to say, there aren't many children being born.

Warren Jeffs is said to have prophesied that the walls of his prison and Lyle Jeff's courtroom would fall on April 6th and the Second coming would be here. Assuming that is true, there has to be a lot of interesting issues in the FLDS community.

In addition, the bishop of Hildale is going to remain in jail pending the welfare fraud trial, and since the people who get food stamps can no longer donate them to the church, there is bound to be significant disruption in what had become a stratified society with the leaders eating well, and those not deemed very worthy, subsisting on bread.

Who knows what is happening for the couple you mention.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 09:47PM

Doesn't it make sense that the failure of the "jail house walls are falling down, falling down, falling down..." prophecy might have caused some hearts to turn against Warren?

Posted by: ghostie ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 10:28PM

I'm rooting for FLDS.
I LOVE seeing the effect FLDS has on Mormons and Mormonism.
The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth begins when someone mentions the connection or A connection, LDS to FLDS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.