Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 21, 2016 11:54PM

http://beehivebugle.com/2016/04/19/local-nonprofit-nonprophet-pushes-wife-gordon-b-hinckley-20-bill/

Kudos for how they refer to her only as "Gordon B. Hinckley's wife"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 21, 2016 11:58PM

Thanks a lot! I nearly peed my pants laughing. Bring on Harriet!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 04:09PM

Me too. That's hilarious. Why don't they print their own Utah money. They can get investors by showing them trunks full of gold to back up the currency. Just like the Kirtland anti-banking society. No one needs to know it's just rocks with some gold coins on top. If it was good enough for con-man Joseph, it should be good enough for Gordy's wife.

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 11:39AM

Yes, what's-her-name was the perfect woman. She sat silently behind her husband with a twinkle in her eye and her mouth shut. Let's honor her.....what ever her name is. She did nothing exceptional and did nothing to benefit humanity but she did marry our cult leader, Gordon B. Hinkelberry.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:14AM

I like the quote about "David Arquette’s sister gave her Oscar acceptance speech in 2015". She doesn't have her own name?

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 02:02AM

memikeyounot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the quote about "David Arquette’s sister
> gave her Oscar acceptance speech in 2015". She
> doesn't have her own name?

Neither does Gordon B. Hinckley's wife.

Other Susan

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 02:23PM

"I like the quote about "David Arquette’s sister gave her Oscar acceptance speech in 2015". She doesn't have her own name?"

I'm pretty sure that line was satire, seeing as how other articles on that site are titled "LDS Church Endorses Ted Cruz, Citing Historic Dildo Policy” and "Genealogists Conclude Woman Not Related To Anyone Famous Or Interesting."

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:38AM

that was hilarious especially the satire and hidden meaning to who we are really talking about.

She was a great lady but has nothing to do with furthering the cause of crony capitalism. haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 12:39AM by poopstone.

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 01:51AM

#notacult

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 09:08AM

Marjorie -- she's behind every scheme in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQHXYrqmCMs

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 02:38PM

In 1999, some zealous Mormons efforted to have Gordon B. Hinckley named as Time Magazine's "Person of the Century."

http://www.mormonstoday.com/991003/N1TimeMag01.shtml

"In addition, some zealous supporters of President Hinckley have flooded the voting mechanism, placing multiple votes and leading President Hinckley to be placed as high as number 13 in the on-line poll, with 32,000 votes. "We discovered a lot of the same people were voting for (President Hinckley) over and over,"Polkes said. This led Time to analyze the submissions and disqualify multiple votes. Hinckley now has about 6,000 votes and is no longer in the top twenty. Although the voting has been open since March 1998, most of the votes for President Hinckley have come in the past week."

This event really illustrates how insanely zealous Mormons can be; very few people outside of Mormonism even knew who Hinckley was, and Hinckley accomplished nothing apart from his church career that would make his life noteworthy to any non-Mormon. Mormons didn't even vote for Hinckley because of any accomplishments, but because he happened to be church president at the time.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 12:33PM

Aren't many of the deceased baptized and sealed multiple times in the temple? This just seems like standard behavior.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.