Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:28AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:35AM

Read the CES letter on a loud speaker on Temple Square's grounds on a day when downtown is super busy; perhaps a sale at the EVIL CULT Mall or something like that.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:22PM

non-faith promoting firesides-- as in bonfire, beer and a tune.
LDS Inc hates it when people "study the gospel" in groups they can't control.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:42AM

All I had to do to get ex'd was become inactive for 7 years. At about the 7 year mark I became engaged. I moved in with my fiancee about a week or two before our wedding. During that week or two a couple of men in suits that I'd never met showed up at my front door. They handed me a letter announcing a meeting they told me to show up for. It was what they refer to as a court of love. Apparently they gave me the big X at that meeting.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 10:20AM

I resigned years ago, but this made me think that a wayward Mormon, who they would actually come after, should keep a resignation letter by the front door, in the glove compartment, in the wallet next to the condom, so that if they do show up...just hand it to them and say "and that's the end of that discussion" then close the door slowly with a wicked smile.
Oh and make sure the condom falls out in front of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 10:21AM by lapsed.

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:49AM

Write a hit about the treasure seeking businessman Joseph Smith, the rock in the hat, the Kinderhook plates and his 34 wives. Then the destruction of the printing press and on to Brigham Young.

Dunno how much text can fit into one song but that should be sufficient.

Maybe use Runnells quote in the refrain: Explore your doubts. Resolve your doubts. Doubt is the beginning to knowledge and wisdom.

Oh, and if he gets X'd he must record.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 01:06AM

Good idea. Maybe he could condense the CES letter into a song? That should do it.

Posted by: dreamweaver ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 09:02PM

He probably already is excommunicated..... he just doesn't know it.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 10:21AM

The entire CES letter in a song. That would be a really long song. I would much rather break it down.

I have a couple of ideas. I'm a fan of blues so...

-The Rock in the Hat Boogie.

-Nauvoo mansion blues. A song about Emma kicking out your newest maid/mistress.

-How do I Repent From the Truth. This could be a pretty sick ballad.

-Spiritual Eyes

-Joseph's flaming sword ;)

-Abraham's Papayras.

-Translation, Revelation, Masturbation(oh my!)

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:48AM

Hmm I think the sheer informational density of the letter would be great for a "Hamilton"-style rap piece.

Or a Gilbert and Sullivan patter song.

Or a long story song like Alice's Restaurant...

Posted by: nitrameequc ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 01:10AM

Stand up in fast & testimony mtg & say "The church isn't true & f*ck you all."
THAT should pretty much do it reaLLy quick !!

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 01:46AM

Say that his song, " She's so high", was referring to Emma Smith being on drugs when she chose to marry Joseph.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 02:07AM

He could set my long Joseph Smith poem to music. Since I've already taken care of the lyrics, all he has to do is come up with a catchy tune.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 06:53AM

If he doesn't want to resign, all he has to do is let people know he has formally joined another church. The Holy Handbook of Antioch says that's grounds for excommunication.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 07:53AM

A) pencil out a book
B) get a ghost writer to finish
C) book tour

Oh, the book is about how Mormonism fucks up lives

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 09:04AM

Does Tal Bachman want to be excommunicated?

I saw that thread of his the other day, but I thought it was more in the vein of wondering why he HADN'T been excommunicated, given that he was pretty public about his current nonmormon lifestyle.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:19PM

This is my observation, not trying to bash Tal as I think many of us here share this feeling to some extent.....

I don't think he wants to be ex'd. I think he wants the attention he would get if the church tried to ex him.

I would feel the same way. I removed my name, but if they would have come after me to ex me, I think I would have liked the attention....gives one a chance to stand up to them, toy with them, allow others to see how they treat members that lose faith, etc.

If I started getting love bombed now, I think I would like it to some extent...at first at least. Feels good to speak and smile in their face while they stare, dumb founded.

I see the same in posts here....people ask why they aren't being love bombed and many kind of want it, some even say they miss it....there's a feeling in the experience that we like....a sort of validation perhaps?

If someone wants out, its easy to be ex'd or just resign. When one wonders, publicly, why the church isn't pursuing them for excommunication or to bring them back to the fold, I think there is a different end being sought.....and it can apply to any of us, not just Tal.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 09:05AM

Start handing out the CES letter and other subversive materials at the COB.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 10:26AM

...with a guitar and an amp, and sing a parody that he's written to the tune of "She's So High" titled "It's A Lie."

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 04:51PM

randyj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...with a guitar and an amp, and sing a parody
> that he's written to the tune of "She's So High"
> titled "It's A Lie."

That is perfection.

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:42AM

Develop a same-sex attraction.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 04, 2016 09:07PM

There ya go! Marry the drummer!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 12:01PM

Or he could start marketing The Joseph Smith Jr butt-plug.

There is a precedent, of sorts, too:

http://whyweprotest.net/threads/not-a-joke-l-ron-hubbard-buttplugs.24468/

Have a great weekend everyone :-D

Tom in Paris

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 02:59PM

Why doesn't he just do what all the rest of us do and and send in our resignation letter? Or is his point that he wants
to be excommunicated with all the bells and whistles that
Mormondumb can produce for him? He just wants the attention? I'm at a loss to understand his plea for excommunication when it is in his power to excommunicated himself? Please someone, explain it to me.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 03:09PM

I think the key is to publish -- either on the Internet, or write a book! :-)

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 04:59PM

Marry another bloke.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 06:04PM

He should be just shy of his 15th birthday. Tell them it's only for building family alliances and so you can take care of him.

Remind them that just because you're married, it doesn't mean you're having sex.

If they ask you if you are having sex, tell them it's too sacred to talk about.

Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 05:24PM

why would anyone want to give them the pleasure of excommunication. Just resign already.

Posted by: pooped ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 08:05PM

Go back to church and teach Mormon doctrine, ORIGINAL Mormon doctrine. Go up on the pulpit for F&T and spout all the stuff Joseph taught about plural marriage, etc. Move on to Brigham's ideas and teachings. Find a copy of "Mormon Doctrine" by McConkie and start preaching out of it. Nothing like beating them at their own game. Nothing you would preach would be anti-Mormon, just original doctrine. They seem to especially dislike talking about and talking to Mother in Heaven. End your "testimony" in the name of Heavenly Mother. I think that would seal the deal. Just keep going to different wards with this routine and I can pretty much guarantee that Tal will be ex-communicated forth with. And in his 'Court of Love" he could ask what is wrong with giving a testimony based on true doctrine.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 22, 2016 11:05PM

"Decorate" the SL Temple exterior...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 11:07PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.