Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 09:12PM

Church services in their prayers? Especially if it's been raining a lot where you live.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 09:33PM

When I lived in St. George, Utah aka North Korea. I always got a kick out of some idiot during prayer thanking magic sky daddy for moisture. Seriously like sky daddy has nothing better to do then bless a bunch of morons who chose to live in one of the driest regions on earth with rain. Once again sky daddy said f@@k the starving children in Africa they need moisture in St. George.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 09:42PM

One Word: Utah.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 09:45PM

I've heard the word: "moisture" used in a prayer when there is a drought,and a need for rain. I don't have a problem with. Just more of a traditional type of use of words. Lots of different types of "moisture"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 09:46PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 23, 2016 10:04PM

Precipitous

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 12:24AM

Moisture is a Mormon word from the "adamic" language. Just like thee, thou, heck, and even as "even Jesus the Christ".

If your supplications to god aren't in adamic, then he has trouble understanding. It's why lots of keys go missing.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 01:57AM

We meed rain or a wet snow...NOW. It's all moisture...but so is pissing on your shoe.

RB

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 08:37AM

Try substituting "moisture" with "Purple Rain" and see where that gets ya. Maybe even play the song while you're at it while doing a "rain dance."

:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 08:38AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 08:59AM

If Mormons wanted "moisture," they should have goddamn settled in the Willamette Valley, not the middle of the goddamn desert. If only they would have had some sort of oracle or something who could have foreseen this problem.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 09:44AM

Well Ron shes moisturing nicely out here in egypt today...lethbridge always gets more than the heretics of the hinterland...nothing better than moisturing on the roof at 4 am...a liesurely coffee by the kitchen window rather than racing off into the early morn...warm and dry while shes moisturing just feels right...speshly if youve just put in ten long days seeding from dark to dark..then theres that morning moisturing speshly once the kiddies arent peeking over the edge of the bed looking for breakdast...tender mercies...and now its just better...no dam church to mud off to

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 24, 2016 10:42AM

Why is it that when I hear someone speaking of "moist or moisture" my mind goes to thinking of something sexual?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.