Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 04:41PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 05:00PM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 05:35PM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 09:04PM

Posted by: nightwolf983 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 12:04AM

Ugh, no. The only thing this video shows is how bigoted people are. Mostly the guy who made the video, for thinking that he can just dress like a trans woman and that makes him the same. And who the hell calls someone their "trans friend"? This is like straight people who say they have a gay friend. Does your friend know that you're actively working to promote discrimination against them? Probably not.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:46AM

How was he actively working to promote bigotry?

Date: May 01, 2016 03:57PM

I said discrimination, not bigotry. Making it illegal for anyone to use a bathroom that doesn't correspond to the gender on their birth certificate is a form of discrimination against trans people.

Not only that, but this law can potentially hurt anyone who doesn't conform to gender norms. A woman with facial hair, a man with gynecomastia, butch women, feminine men, people who like to dress andorgynously. A lesbian was already kicked out of a bathroom for "looking too masculine". She wasn't trans. She just enjoys wearing pants and a button down shirt.

The thing is, what can be an uncomfortable situation for most people can be dangerous or even life threatening for trans people. I'm sure that being kicked out of the women's restroom was a huge inconvenience and an awful experience for the lesbian who had to go through that, but trans woman are killed just for walking down the street. What do you think is going to happen if they're forced to use a men's restroom?

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:43PM

Okay..discrimination, but to me he just showed the current state of affairs, i.e. actual reactions probably by the average woman. What he showed was indeed the reality of the average response in that situation. Not saying their reactions were right or wrong, but fail to see how the vid producer promoted anything, but instead simply showed what the average response is by most women at this point in time. The reaction of the women are probably very typical - would you not agree?

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 04:37AM

The worst thing about the HB2 legislation is that it has attracted the 'striesand effect'.

something which was never much of a problem has attracted every nutcase, bigoted, something-to-prove, NRA supporting redneck hillbilly, like flies round a fresh bullchip.

people on other forums have been talking about taking weapons into restrooms.........I am sincerely looking forward to those people being arrested for threatening the life of the first butch-looking bio woman they come across

this [video as above] isnt a social experiment. It's some twat with an attitude and a video camera

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2016 04:37AM by EssexExMo.

Date: May 01, 2016 04:06PM

I find it telling that he went into a women's restroom to prove that women are uncomfortable with him, but not into the men's restroom wearing the same outfit. Because the guys in there should be perfectly comfortable with him, right? There's no way they would harass him or anything.

I guess even cis men don't like being beaten, raped, or killed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.