Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 05:30PM

The other thread was closed. So, Jeff can't think of a time when Jesus is reported to have laughed. Fair enough. So, here are a few things to ponderize, Jeff: Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding feast so all could enjoy themselves in abundance at the celebration of two people joining themselves into marriage. Of course, Jeff, this would seem strange to you because you don't let family and friends into your temples to abundantly participate in the joy of the wedding.

And, Jeff, it's inconceivable to you, and your bigoted friends, that men could love men, and women could love women and these couples could experience abundant joy in their marriages. So, Jeff, one last thought, from your own Book of Mormon--Men are that they may have joy. Now stop being a sour puss and tell a dirty joke before you croak! The Joyful Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 05:38PM

Yeah, but, most of the world laughs at mormonism.
Holland doesn't want any jokes to be heard by the faithful.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 05:44PM

Jeff and laughter
Go together like a mutt and master
This I tell you, brethren
You won't see his jowly frown in heaven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 05:45PM by donbagley.

Posted by: kjensen ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 06:02PM

Jesus needs to make some wine for them, maybe they'll lighten up.

Posted by: AVT-16 ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 06:18PM

I think the actual temple covenant is do not laugh to LOUD!

Not don't laugh at all.

I can almost understand not laughing too loud. Like you are Vincent Price in the haunted house or you cackle so incredibly loud when you are in the mists of spiritual things. The church wants people to take them seriously. They can't give the impression that they are high or drunk or nuts!

But no laughing at all come on....No personality no charm Might as well have them dress as the smiling grim reaper and have them knock on doors.

Invasion of the body snatchers 1950's in the impression the church gives me. No expression but the creepy smile.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 08:15PM

The loud laughing goes with the story of why vaudeville shows were prohibited in Scotland on Saturday nights. People would burst out laughing on Sunday in church when they finally got the jokes.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 06:21PM

Holland. What a dope.

An Anagram of his name is:-
Hell, Nerdy! Jar Off!

Posted by: Gone girl ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 06:27PM

My first time through the temple when I heard the command of no loud laughter or light mindedness, was the thought of a one year old child laughing so hard they fall over. There is no better testament to the joy of deep laughter. But I guess God and Jesus hate that noise.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 06:30PM

A few months ago I personally saw Holland give one of the most hate-filled, condescending, paranoid, smug, self-satisfied, foolish excuses for a speech I've ever had the misfortune to sit through.

I couldn't get out of the building fast enough. Thought I was going to vomit.

These people are what I like to call "soft terrorists." They may not use bombs or automatic weapons but they destroy and manipulate just the same to aggregate their own power and to promote their false ideology of division and hatred.

I look forward to the moment when they are stopped, individually and collectively, just as I look forward to when ISIS and the rest of their ilk are wiped from the face of the earth.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 08:17PM

Jeff always looks like such a mithless prick (like my late Catholic MIL---go figure) that it's no surprise he'd say something like that. Fuckin' dweeb!

RB

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 08:50PM

Although not documented that Jesus ever laughed, no documentation that he ever took a dump either. Jeff must be holding all in as some is coming out his mouth.
Gatorman

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 09:19PM

gatorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although not documented that Jesus ever laughed,
> no documentation that he ever took a dump either.
> Jeff must be holding all in as some is coming out
> his mouth.
> Gatorman

Brilliant, Gatorman!

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 09:38PM

SCMD
As I recall surgeon right?
I am trained neonatologist doing that and General Peds in rural south. New to site. Learning so much how Utah is different than where I am.
Gatorman

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:53PM

in the temple people get confused because they don't know if he means to use the toilet or is about to perform another Second Anointing.

Bowels and jowls - what a combination!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:26PM

Everyone get out your Book of Mormon. Modern revelation requires that we remove 2 Nephi 2:25. "Men are, that they might have joy."

Likewise 3 Nephi 17:20 where Christ says "now behold, my joy is full"

Please blot these portions from your books. Further editions will no longer include these teachings.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 30, 2016 10:45PM

"high or drunk or nuts" - you have to be high or drunk or nuts to be in the EVIL CULT.

"Utah is different than where I am" - Utah and the rest of the Morridor is different from anywhere on earth. The section of the planet is a preview of Kolob for those idiots who plan to go to the CK [which is most likely on Kolob!]

I can't even drive through Utah without feeling the EVIL force which rules the state.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 10:48PM by verilyverily.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 12:09AM

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 12:19AM

It occurred to me recently that Holland forgot to cry during his speech in Dallas. He should have been setting a good example by crying.

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 01:29AM

Holland is Buzz Killington

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 09:55AM

That podcast should have a warning label:

"May cause loud laughter and evil speaking of the lord's anointed".

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 11:08AM

this is partly due to the thought that 'serving on a mission' makes you subject to stricter rules than others.

missionaries seem(ed) to accept this when they applied, IDK whether or not it's a logical failure.

no swimming

no dating

curfew

now, no laughter

etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.