Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for today ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:32PM

Seperate a family for all eternity simply because they didn't get married in the temple? How can Mormons honestly believe this? If that were true then doesn't that make God kind of a royal dick? It just seems to me that weather you got to spend eternity with your spouse or not would depend on more how well you treated your spouse then what building you got married in. And its sad cause My cousin wounldnt marry this guy she was crazy about because he wouldn't join the church and now shes sad and lonely wanting to get married and that guy would have been perfect for her and he was so good to her and treated her so well and now hes out of the picture just cause there would be no temple wedding and who knows if she will find someone like him again hopefully but you never know. it makes me sad that the church does this crap to people :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:35PM

Yes. God is a royal dick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2016 03:35PM by scotslander.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:47PM

Once the children get married and have their own children and spousal connections to other families ... it's not possible. That's why not everyone can have family reunions at the same time here on earth now.

Also, what religion that believes we go to a "heaven" also teaches that in the afterlife people in heaven can't get together in their family groups and hang out when they want to?

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 04:44PM

lurking in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once the children get married and have their own
> children and spousal connections to other families
> ... it's not possible.

Excellent point. Like all pyramid schemes, you can only be attached to one "up line" so to speak. Therefore, is the wife still sealed to her parents in their line or is she unsealed from them and their line and newly sealed to her husband and his parents line? And what about their daughters - in whose line are they for eternity? If they marry in the temple they will be dropped (along with all their children) from the parents line forever.

Most Mormons have never figured out the clear fact that temple sealings simply will not work. The old, proud polygamous family photos of the patriarchal polygamist "eternal offspring" were likewise bogus since many of the daughters would later be sealed in the temple and be connected to the husband's line instead.

As has been stated here many times, Mormonism, in common with other religions, just doesn't make sense.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 03:54PM

My parents were too self absorbed to hold a family together for a lifetime. My guess is they would do worse with a longer period.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 05:01PM

It's a colossal circle jerk; the church tries to paint this picture of happy Celestial Families, with maybe Grandpa and Grandma posing with the grandkids, but if everyone is "perfected", then Grandma and Grandpa will be about 35, as will everyone else, like some sort of Celestial Carnival Cruise. And if you're "assigned" to be a missionary to someone who got dead-dunked back on Earth, then how long is your son gone giving discussions in the sky? And aren't you all producing babies for your new planet and super-busy with all the permits and inspections *that* requires? I mean, Heavenly Father got busted for mixing dinosaur bones in in with his planetary Redi-Mix 6,000 years ago! And family BBQ's...is there Tri-tip in Heaven? And can you really make it on time to your brother-in-law's place over in Alpha Centauri on Saturday?

And are you "perfected" with that cute gap in your front teeth you had as a kid, or after the dental work when you were 40? And your wife's boob job...?

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 05:05PM

And, of course, when male members become gods will they still wear those silly baker hats?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 05:13PM

I would like a baker's hat, with a golf brim. And in tasteful stitched script above the brim, either Taylormade or Bridgestone.

Thank you.

Posted by: lolly18 ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 06:39PM

QUOTE: Would God seperate [sic] a family for all eternity simply because they didn't get married in the temple? UNQUOTE

What a Mormon would say is that He would NOT, that is why He has established a plan so that all of His children can inherit all that He has, if they will just accept the ordinances and repent quickly and do their personal best. God would say that He has provided a Savior for them precisely because He doesn't plan for any of His children not to have full opportunity to come to Him and do what He has asked them to do. Mormons would also say that He respects His children's choice to not follow that plan and not accept the ordinances because He cannot compel people to accept what He has established, and still remain God --- that agency matters and people have to voluntarily come to Him, which means that the way is messy and some will not.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 01, 2016 07:14PM

Why wouldn't he? He drowned all his children except for a handfull just for pissing him off. If you believe in a god.
He's a petty asshole if you ask me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.