Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 12:32AM

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/05/the-connection-between-conservative-fetal-personhood-beliefs-and-pagan-penis-worship/

Why else would they have reinserted Gods Penis into
Fig7
Fax2 of the
BoA?
Right after defeating the ERA?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 12:33AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 12:41AM

The conundrum presented by Mormonism really befuddled me as a young man....NEVER speak of sex....masturbation is THE WORST FUCKING SIN OF ALL....and yet most of the TBM's I knew bred like rabbits....WTF?

RB

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 05:50AM

The Tabernacle. I mean, all those phallic-shaped things standing up behind the speakers. . .WHOA!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 08:57AM

Yeah, what gives? They can play with their organ but I can't play with mine.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 08:44AM

I have a penis, and I testify that it's a sensitive thing that likes to be worshipped as much as the next appendage. In fact, worshipping my penis helps it do its job better. So, it's a win/win!!

As a rule I don't give testimony, but maybe if I figure out how to include penis worship in my testimony I'll give it a shot. For example:

"....I testify that this church is the one, true church. I testify that the Book of Mormon is received revelation from our Heavenly Father. I testify that my penis enjoys and deserves worship. I testify that Thomas S. Monson is God's living prophet on this Earth. I testify..."

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 09:35AM

Perhaps you could add "and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jeffrey Holland and Dallin Oaks are real dicks"!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 09:43AM

I've always suspected that the "A" in "GA" stood for a different, sphincter-like body part.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 11:43AM

the church office building in Salt Lake City is the most blatantly phallic building you can imagine - the two smaller buildings nestled on either side of the main tower have globes on them. Hmmmm

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 11:51AM

Well, they *do* worship that dick, Joseph Smith, and a bunch of other dicks.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 12:56PM

In a way, I've thought the Los Angeles temple was a bit phallic looking. Besides buildings, there is a bit of penis worship in that those with a penis are seen as most worthy of leadership, while women and girls are viewed as inferior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 12:57PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 01:15PM

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 01:19PM

The phallic symbol has been part of the architecture for thousands of years in some of the world's history. Nothing new!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 02:19PM

President Obama told reporters he’s committed to building a monument in Washington D.C. honoring the gay lifestyle in America. It came as a big surprise to locals. Everybody thought that the tarp covering the Washington Monument was just to protect it from the rain during renovations.

Posted by: samwitch ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 02:59PM

Ugh. Article author gets paganism wrong and forgets to mention that pagans also have, throughout history, viewed women and their ability to create life as divine -- often much *more so* than the male magic wand. Paganism has never been patriarchal or phallus-centric. Much ancient paganism focused on a/the Goddess -- the God was, at best, a consort (sometimes one that the Goddess created for herself). There are also plenty of artistic representations of female genitalia from these cultures to attest to their focus on the feminine. The premise upon which the article rests is historically inaccurate. While pagans throughout history have generally viewed sex as a way to experience and even become one with the Divine and view deity as immanent in everything, including people, the idea of pagans worshipping any body part is a major distortion. It's like saying we "worship" rocks and trees -- no, we don't. Really.

Mormons, however, do seem pretty fixated on the phallus, being patriarchal and all, although it's not accurate to claim they worship it either.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 10, 2016 04:47PM

the Relief Society Session of General Conference. Church security had to chase him around the Conference Center and then up on the stage where much to the sisters' disappointment they finally caught him by the organ.

Sister Sheri Dew commented, I knew President Uchtdorf was the most open and transparent General Authority, but I never realized just how revealing he really was!

Sister Wendy Watson Nelson, giggle, "Now that's my kind of revelation!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 04:47PM by cricket.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.