Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:06PM

Anne Graham Lotz Says God Sends Terror Attacks Because Of Bathroom Rights And Evolution:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anne-graham-lotz-god-sends-terror_us_573a9844e4b08f96c183fc12

"Our nation seems to be shaking its fist in God’s face and telling him to get out of our politics, get out of our schools, get out of our businesses, get out of our marketplace, get off the streets,” Lotz told conservative radio host Steve Deace, according to audio posted online by Right Wing Watch. “It’s just stunning to me the way we are basically abandoning God as a culture and as a nation.”

"When that happens, “God abandons us and he backs away and takes his hand of favor, blessings, His hand of protection away from us and he abandons us,” she said.

“We’re struggling with our own pride or self-sufficiency. I think that’s why God allows bad things to happen. I think that’s why he would allow 9/11 to happen, or the dreadful attack in San Bernardino, or some of these other places, to show us that we need him. We’re desperate without him.”
Lotz, the daughter of famed evangelist Billy Graham and leader of AnGeL Ministries in North Carolina, also complained about HB2, the state’s transphobic law which bars transgender people from using the public restrooms that match the gender they identify with.

“There’s silliness. There’s craziness. There’s most illogical rulings,” she said. “The Justice Department is suing us for something that is just common sense. It’s ludicrous, and to me it’s evidence that God has backed away.”

"Lotz then claimed that God would protect Americans from everything, including terrorists and hurricanes, if they repent and pray. Conveniently, she’s hawking a new book, “The Daniel Prayer,” which claims to have a prayer that can “move heaven and change nations.”

"If people pray, she said, God will “begin to reveal the plots of our enemies and terrorists before they are carried out. Even the weather patterns, he can even control the weather patterns and protect us from the violent storms that are taking human life.”

"But Lotz also issued a dire warning, implying that God could send more terror — or something worse.

“If 9/11 didn’t turn us to prayer like that, if San Bernardino doesn’t, it almost frightens me to think what would it take to make us so desperate that we’ll cry out to God and we’ll get on our face and repent,” she said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 01:07PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:10PM

Typical Christian persecution complex B.S. A daily occurrence in the American South, especially on your AM dial.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:16PM

I confused. There are lots of nations that are deeply religious. India, Pakistan, Afganastan, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, etc. They don't seem to be enjoying the hand of God's favor.

I'm pretty sure what's happening is that God is tired of people claiming to speak for him telling other's to shun, harass, bully and look down on some of his creations. There's no kindness there.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:22PM

Amen!

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 04:46PM

They aren't the right brand of believer, hence no favor.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:34PM

"What did people do before indoor plumbing? Did they have 2 outhouses?"

I know that in my sister's 1st grade classroom they had ONE bathroom for all the kids in the class. Lucky them. When I was in 1st grade, we didn't have the luxury of a classroom bathroom.

And for all the "family" restrooms, I just don't get all this insanity.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:45PM

Like god cares about, or has time for worrying about America's laws. He's too busy picking Superbowl winners & finding car keys. Sheesh!

Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:48PM

Opponents of "bathroom rights" (who tend to be American conservatives) are afraid that with "bathroom rights", a man may pretend to be a trans woman in order to gain access to the women's restroom and perform sexual assault. This argument fails, since someone brazen enough to commit sexual assault in a public place is not going to honour the gender sign before the bathroom. American conservatives (validly) use this argument against gun-free zones, yet they fail to apply it to "bathroom rights". Opponents also fail to regard the case of a gay, cis-gender man who would assault other men; he doesn't even have to dishonour the gender signs.

Offences of this type ought to be handled under "sexual assault" and not under a new category of "entry of a public restroom inconsonant with biological gender", just as school massacres ought to be handled under "mass murder" and not "violation of a gun-free zone".

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 03:32PM

I don't shake anything at imaginary beings.
Just at the ignorant, self-righteous idiots who claim to know what imaginary beings want and do, which is entirely based on their own ignorance, prejudice, and stupidity.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 03:39PM

god obviously has a problem with humans pooping. That's why no traces of fossilized poop (coprolites) from the millions of nephites. lamanites, jaredites, and all other manner of "ites" that lived in the new world have been found.

But you can find lots of other ancient peoples poop all over the planet.

Maybe he just doesn't like how christians and mormons poop.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 04:52PM

And doncha know, mormon's poop doesn't stink.

Posted by: nightwolf983 ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 07:59PM

There is no such thing as holy shit. It is all sinful.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 05:23PM

I have always been so proud as a gay man to be able to take credit for all of the wars and terrorism and hurricanes and floods and disease and plagues that God sends just because of little ole me.

And now this transgender bathroom issue is stealing my thunder? This issue is getting all the blame for God's wrath? This is just no fair.

But, I must say, Anne Graham Lotz has lots of smarts to be a usin' this trans bathroom thing as a book promotion. Smart gal. She is going to be making some big bucks of this and live the high life like a proper right wing Christian should. You can tell who's the most righteous by the size of their jets. She should a be a gettin' a mighty nice one soon!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 07:31PM

Ghawd bless Anne Graham Lotz! Bless her hard!!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 07:34PM

Silly girl. Everybody knows God sends terror attacks because Anne Graham Lotz doesn't get enough sex.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 10:48AM

I don't know. Maybe I was oblivious at the time, but Billy Graham seemed like a halfway normal person.

His offspring, however, are venomous idiots.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 11:01AM

I think Billy Graham possessed at least a modicum of humility and, hence, tolerance. At least publicly.

His offspring and their fellow travelers lack humility. Which compounds the problem.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 12:50PM

Hmmm -- you might be right...

http://www.firstchurchoftheinternet.org/jng/Ezra.htm

Dear Dr. Graham:

Does the Bible prohibit interracial marriage? Our son has gotten very interested in a girl whose parents are from Asia, and while we think she is a fine girl, I have to admit we are not sure if he is doing the fight thing. What does the Bible say, if anything?

--Mrs. RS.

"Dear Mrs. R.S.,

There admittedly may be practical problems in some cases because of cultural differences or because of social prejudice which have to be considered, but as a general principle the Bible doesn't prohibit interracial marriage or say that a person must only marry from his or her own racial or ethnic group.

Moses married a woman from another ethnic group (known as the Cushites) -- although it did cause some controversy (see Numbers 12:l). The judgment which fell on those who created the controversy, however, showed that they were in the wrong, not Moses (Numbers 12:9-15). Every human being is created by God; the Bible reminds us that God "from one man ... made every nation of men" (Acts 17:26). The Bible gives us no grounds for saying that one race is superior or inferior to any other race. We are all made in the image of God, and Christ came to "purchase men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation" (Revelation 5:9).

The most important thing, you can do for your son, however, is to pray for him and encourage him to seek God's will for his life -- including his marriage. Is he a Christian; has he turned to Christ-for forgiveness, and is he seeking to follow Christ? If not, pray that he will put Christ first in his life. And if he has, remind him that God's will is for him to marry a woman who is also a believer."

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 01:19PM

Yea billy graham is a great guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham#Discussion_of_Jews_with_President_Nixon

Oh wait, he's an anti-semite, like a great many of the absurdly wealthy, crusading bible-thumping types. At least he apologized. Maybe he just thought it was fashionable to be that way at the time.

However, no one is as bad as Pat Robertson. My god, that guy makes me want to vomit with rage.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 02:08PM

Nuckin' Futz!!

RB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.