Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:29PM

I get lots of daily pro Mormon posting on Facebook, and well it bugs me.

Going full exmo on Facebook would probably not go so well, but what about some tidbits, not tooo overly anti ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:31PM

over the new policy. It is interesting that several of them were from believing mormons and yet the mormons were insulted. BUT I also posted a new belief system that a girl had after leaving the LDS church and why she left and I was shocked at how many believing mormons liked it. My cousin said something along the lines of "how can any of us really know."

I posted something John Dehlin posted the other day. I can't remember what it was. Only my inactive sister liked it, but I'm sure others have seen it. I'd like to post more, but I don't. I purposely am not friends with my TBM daughter on fb. It caused too many bad feelings on my part for MANY reasons.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:45PM

When TSCC made the kids of gay parents disavow their parents marriage, I deleted every TBM mormon from FB and warned the few not-so-asshole Mormons left (only 3) to unfriend me to block me because this is gonna get nasty.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:46PM

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:55PM

I'm dropping more critical thinking quotes, which can lead to ex-mo. I think my friends get it, because no one is liking them, and they usually like my posts. My purpose is more along the lines of letting them know that I am thinking critically.

For example:Galileo "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

I try to space them out, not post them every day. Just every week or 2.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 11:03AM

Nice one! I'm going to make Galileo's quote my motto!

I once told a pastor (Christian non-denominational church but he tended to fundamentalist) that I couldn't just "take his word" for something because God had given me a brain and he expected me to use it!

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 02:51PM

I have also used the "God expects me to use my brain" line--but it's nice to have a real smart guy like Galileo back me up!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 04:41PM

I have that Galileo quote listed in my favorite quotes, and according to the TBM's, I'm just a nevermo who has no interest in the church. I do have the TBM's on my "restricted" list because of the criticism I've posted about the BYU rape scandal, but I've only unfollowed a couple of TBM's who post cult propaganda on a regular basis.

One of those I unfollowed probably won't grow out of the RM mode because she got engaged within months of returning, to another RM after only a month or so of dating, and had a short engagement. They also just had their first child shortly before their first wedding anniversary.

Posted by: Anon.... ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 01:58PM

I haven't, but there were a couple women in the ward here that posted quite a bit on the ward FB page when the essays were being released. Both were very active women with callings and children in the youth program and primary. One of them stopped posting and quietly stopped attending after a while. The other tried continuing as a NOM, but posted a long letter about how she had to step away completely after the policy change. All of this posting helped her and others identify many other closeted-exmo/NOM members...and exposed 100+ members to the truth. Doubt and mass exodus from TSCC became a weekly topic of SS discussion, at least partly due to the openness of these women. If you feel like posting something, do it. There's sure to be backlash from TBM's, but you might help many others.

Full disclosure: After her last post, the latter FB poster that I mentioned started receiving anonymous texts full of hate, reprimands, calls to repentance, etc... They ended up moving out of the area to make a fresh exmo start.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 17, 2016 07:45PM

It's just that everytime I read bullshit Mormon stuff on Facebook.....

My blood literally boils....lol

Irregardless of that...

I need to counteract

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 11:07AM

Your blood 'figuratively' boiled, hopefully???

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 11:40AM

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 19, 2016 05:43AM

Irregardless = Regardless

It's an accepted, non-standard usage

to quote Dr Nick: "'Inflammable' means flammable? What a country."

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 09:20AM

A few. No sooner had I done so than about 3 or 4 TBM "friends" unfriended me.
But I guess that's the price of being true to oneself & honesty!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 10:45PM

They were never really your friends to begin with.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 11:55AM

No one reads my posts anyway. :) I don't see a point anymore. So I stopped posting and started contacting my friends individually and on a personal level. It is fun to find that some of us left at the same time.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 01:19PM

Truth is reason; truth eternal.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 02:38PM

I put whatever I want on my Facebook Page. The only TBM's I have as friends are a couple of family members and they never say
anything about what I put.

The rest of the TBM's that I know can see whatever I put on my
page because I usually have it set to Public. Everyone that
knows me knows I have been a non believer for the last fifteen
years. Last November I resigned in protest to the new and ugly
gay hating procedures the church has begun practising .

I don't worry about losing friends or loosing family. The majority of my friends on Facebook are exmo, the rest are nonmormon. The TBM's who know me don't say a word . Its a
free country and I'm an adult. I answser to no one but myself.
I put what ever I want on facebook. So far, no complaints except
from one of my Jesus Jumper friends who practically speaks in
tounges she's such a go to Jesus believer and never hesitates
to say as much on my page, she was over the top preaching so
I dumped and blocked her crazy Jesus Jumping ass. It felt good.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 07:08PM

I do it all the time. Ex-Mo FB friends NormaRae and WCG often back me up, too.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 08:32PM

Maybe just post this website? and say that you've been spending a lot of time on here?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 08:42PM

I put a link to the CES letter on FB and I say true things about the EVIL CULT on FB regularly. My TBM family hates me. I am seriously broken hearted, NOT!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 09:39PM

My facebook postings are rife with my love for good beer and single malt...and doing something else on Sunday other than church. I have very few LDS facebook friends and if they are uncomfortable with what I post and the curse words that I use on occasion they can unfriend me and it will be of no loss to me.

RB

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 18, 2016 09:59PM

That is all we know in life
And all we need to know"
John Keats, Ode To a Grecian Urn

Although Ive been unfriended on FB for posts slamming Mormonism, by nearly every Mormon I know, except for the ones I really care about.
My Nazi TBM family members,have been blocking me for years on FB and I don't really care.
They enable the rampant abuse in the Mormon crutch where i greew up. I took the side of the victims, they protected the child rapists, because they were Mormon.
Yeah, i got a bit if a score to settle with the abusive Doomsday Sex CULT if Josephs Myth I was unfortunately born into.

Posted by: Charee ( )
Date: May 19, 2016 05:10AM

I don't want my real friends (many are co-workers) to know I have an any association with mormons. Its embarrassing. So I don't post.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: May 19, 2016 11:58AM

You mean like, "Joseph Smith was a fraud...Provably so."?

I may have done that, once.

It was met with incredible success...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.