Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Larkin ( )
Date: May 19, 2016 07:36PM

.....Dog shit. You can still smell it after you clean your shoes off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: May 19, 2016 10:31PM

Herpes.
The gift that keeps on giving.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 12:09AM

time dilators. One hour listening to a Mormon feels like years.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 04:07AM

Especially in a ward meeting.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 12:11AM

...a shot charging rino. They are mortally wounded, but too stupid to even realize that they have been shot.

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 12:18AM

Let's keep our hatred to tscc and those who know better yet continue to keep silent. Most of us were tbm's at some point.

I knew a lot of great tbm's and still do. They are tainted by the horrible cult. I was once.

That said, of course there are tbm's I'd despise regardless of their beliefs. Just the same as many people who aren't.

So yeah, I despise the 15. I despise the financial arm of tscc. Beyond that, it's all about the individual person.

Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 12:23AM

we were;
Like we are, they may become.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 10:24AM

. . . like seeds with no soil, no water, and no sun.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 11:39AM

I still remember how I felt when a friend proved to me that there was no Santa. It was very similar, on a lower scale, to how I felt when I learned the church is not true. Lied to, disrespected, embarrassed, stupid, indignant. WHY?!! I wanted to know.

So, Mormons (former me included), are like children who believe in Santa with all their hearts.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 11:44AM

liesarenotuseful Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, Mormons (former me included), are like
> children who believe in Santa with all their
> hearts.

Except that small children have not fully developed their reasoning ability to realize that the idea of Santa bringing presents all over the world in one night is not logical. Adult Mormons do not have a similar excuse.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 01:11PM

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 02:21AM

Mormons are like weeds in the garden of religion. Weeds do not respect boundaries and no matter how hard you try to get rid of them they keep popping back up.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 02:28AM

Zombies. Jesus ate their brains.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 03:53AM

Mormonism is like Disneyland:

Based on a fairy tale and raking in the cash.

Posted by: 4ofusfamily ( )
Date: May 21, 2016 05:43AM

I look back on the years of being brainwashed and plodding on a treadmill with regret and embarrassment. Regret for having a skewed mindset in some (a few of them significant) of my child-rearing decisions and approaches. I don't think I will ever be able to fully forgive myself for that part of it. Regret, also, for the loss of my own life's experiences and possibilities because I also was raised as a mormon.

The embarrassment comes from thinking about my decisions and mindless adherence to some extremely ridiculous things. I'm 56...so for those of you of a similar or older age, you probably know many of the things I refer to, which are now not referred to or maybe even known by the regular church meeting going TBMs today.

The feelings I have, for those who are still mouldering in the muck of being TBMs, are mixed. There are loved family members still in it. And I wish with all my heart that they understand that they have been duped. I like what byuatheist said: Mormons are like we were; Like we are, they may become.

The flying spaghetti monster knows that leaving the church didn't solve all my problems, but it sure did knock a thousand pound monkey off my back. May all be so fortunate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.