Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 07:52AM

Another older missionary couple came to my door again today to speak to my son. After twenty-five years of not bothering with him these were the second lot in about ten months. Luckily my son answered the door because he was a darn sight politer to them than I would have been.

It seems that in the course of their conversation they pretended not to know I’d been ex-communicated and asked him how he had been introduced to the church initially. What a load of mouldy old bull crap. They knew he’d been inactive for a long time, so they must have had access to his records which would have shown that he was blessed in TSCC at three months old and baptised at the age of eight.

Surprisingly enough they didn’t bear their testimony or invite him to return, so knowing how this cult feels about gays, they probably knew that about him too, and just ticked him off their list as having been contacted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 01:17PM

Sometimes I think they lack brains or the good sense to know that if someone stops going to their church it's because they don't want to be there. Harassing them only forces them to remember why they left and almost never encourages reactivation.

Mormons seem to think they have a right to show up where they're not wanted and dish out unwanted advice to strangers and near-strangers.

Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 01:57PM

Right? I know where to find it if I want a bash to my self-esteem again.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 07:16PM

Yep, one would think that 25 years of inactivity would be a good indication of total lack of interest in TSCC. As for having the brains and good sense to realise this, brain cells atrophy if not used, so I guess that's what happens when every one believes that
"when the prophet (or his priesthood holding minions) speaks, the thinking has been done."

Posted by: NightmareMoon ( )
Date: May 20, 2016 07:19PM

Wow...unlucky much? I've been inactive for only a few months and nobody's come to bother me. Maybe it's the fact my last words to the bishop before I left involved very colorful language.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.