Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 12:28PM

Your referenced video comes up as "private" and requires sign in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 01:32PM

Sorry i cant change aettings via smart phone.
Its me confronting Missionaries on Temple Square with polyandry and asking why they convince people to sing the praises of an adulterer?
I think its a question that should be asked if every Mormon,
How do you teach children to sing Praise to the Man, when that man was worse than Warren Jeffs?, who is rotting in prison for the rest of his evil life, on multiple child rape convictions?
And you wonder how BYU has a serious problem with rape culture when the University is named after a child rapist and students are forced to sing the praises of a rapist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 01:36PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: TDM ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 02:45PM

I'm sorry, but don't you realise most mormons don't know about those things Joseph Smith did?

If you ask an 18 year-old mormon boy "Why did Joseph Smith marry underage girls?", he'll most likely reply something like "No he didn't", or "I've never heard of that".

This isn't necessarily them lying, they genuinely didn't know about this! If they knew about it, they'd most likely either have left the church or will give an apologetic answer like "Joseph Smith may have done bad things, but it doesn't mean the church isn't true, we believe only Jesus Christ was perfect".

I'd target my anger at the people in charge of the church curriculum, or the top 15, since they're the ones who have been telling TBMs not to research on the Internet, they're the ones who have actively been omitting any mention of anything negative about Joseph Smith from the church curriculum.

Date: May 22, 2016 03:23PM

Ignirance is no excuse in the middle of the information age.
I just assume they have as much access to Google as I have.
Its not my fault they were too lazy to do a Google Search on "how to answer difficult questions you might get on a Mormon Mission'
"Lie through your teeth" shouldnt be the top result.
But every one of them claims God told JS to claim his followers wives, which is a gd bald faced lie i NEVER would have just made up, since that God would be cintradicting the 10 Commandments. The Law of the Priesthood and every law ever written governing marriage, not to mention common human decency and compassion fir the cuckolded Husbands.
Nobody gives a shit about Henry Jacobs having his wife Zina stolen from him, not once, but twice, after being sent on 8 missions for this GD fraud he believed was God

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2016 04:24PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 11:14PM

It's not that they are ignorant, so much as it never occurs to them to research it. They have no reason to believe the universe isn't as their parents said it was, especially the teenagers. Especially those in very Mormon communities. We tend to believe what we are presented with and only with age, or coincidence or someone gifted with above average curiosity question things. The "true" church often depends on where you are born: Japan, the Middle East, Kiev, Buenos Aires ... The information age is helping but what helps most is people thinking to question what they've been taught. Give them a reason to question or take advantage of the information age, as you mentioned, and then we have something.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 02:22PM

The missionaries aren't the liars. Most of them don't know about Joe's polyandry and the many other problems because they have been kept in the dark.

The liars are those at the top. They cover up these facts and excuse Joe's and other leaders dirty deeds with apologetics rather than face the implications that might lead to the truthful conclusion that the church is built on a (as maynardg would say) stinking pile of horses**t!!!!

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 02:33PM

I second this.

I just hate to see missionaries being ambushed. Yes, I understand that they are the public face of Mormonism's proselytizing efforts and so they make an easy target.

But the reality is that the vast majority of these kids are just poor brainwashed boobs with almost no life experience and out there "serving" under heavy duress. It's a shitty life and I feel nothing but pity for those poor kids.

Just remember that there are thousands of members of this very forum that lived that life for 2 years. They simply don't understand (yet) that they are propagating a huge scam. They really do believe that they are serving the Lord.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 08:34PM

Strength in the Loins Wrote:
-
> They really do believe that they are serving the Lord.

I certainly did and didn't "wake up and smell the coffee" until several years after that. Of course, my years at BYU following my mission helped maintain the illusion.

Date: May 22, 2016 03:29PM

Nonsense. (Im being polite)
They grew up with Google at their fingertips and youre tellling me they are completely unaware of the fact Joseph Smith had shady relationshios with his teenage househelp and followes wives?
I doubt it.
The furst time I heard tgat on a mission I would have marched down to the closestvlibrary and Googled it.
I sure as hell wiuldnt have defended child raoe and wufe swapping PRofits.

Posted by: Dafydd ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 04:49PM

Please stop posting links to videos no one can watch. I think this is your third one in as many days.

Date: May 22, 2016 06:42PM

Geez what a Grouch!
Sorry your Highness.

Posted by: Dafydd ( )
Date: May 22, 2016 06:49PM

Apology accepted

Date: May 22, 2016 07:15PM

Posted by: Smiling Dog ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 01:01AM

Ignorance spreads lies. These are adults who are going out into the real world to convert dupes to a lie. No one should be un civil, but honest discourse about their chosen beliefs is what they should get. A mission is not a "safe space" nor should we feel sorry for them for being brainwashed. Welcome to the real world, folks! Your religion is a lie!

Date: May 23, 2016 05:16PM

I was a Mormon Missionary, but even at my most deluded I NEVER would have defended child rape and cuckolding, no matter who did it.
Missionaries are in an unenviable position of having to defend the indefensible, which makes it impossible to honestly defend an inherently dishonest, abusive Doomsday Sex CULT.
My goal is the same as Ayan Hirsi Ali's goal, "I cause CogDis, which will either drive them insane or it will drive them sane. I hope for the latter, which is all i can do after all."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2016 05:18PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 01:51AM

Smiling Dog, are you any relation to elder old dog?

Posted by: Smiling Dog ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 09:31PM

I don't think so. Although, we do share the last name, "Dog"...

:)

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 02:13AM

I'm a RM too and I'm also angry that I let myself be used by the cult. I am also wanting to find some missionaries and talk to them.

I'm not sure what approach would help crack them out of the cult. I feel that the more confrontational approach plays into their defenses of branding you a spawn of satan and therefore they can ignore everything you say even though it is the truth. That is how I would have responded if you had approached me.

You drove away and I'm sure those missionaries patted themselves on the back for defeating satan. They labeled you as a crazy anti and that is that.

I do admire your zeal to help them out. I too want to help them. They are young kids just out of high school without a clue. They throw their lives away for this cult and they are oblivious to this. What do you have to offer them? The truth? Knowing that their TBM friends and family will disown them if they return early? The whole thing sucks.

I don't know. Perhaps you are onto something by just calling the church out on its lies to the missionaries. I have met with some missionaries years ago and I want to meet some again. I just don't want to do it under false pretenses by saying I'm an interested investigator and I want to know more. I'm not sure what to do.

Date: May 23, 2016 02:45PM

The truth is what I have to offer them. If their friends and family reject them for accepting the truth and not defending sexual predators by lying, then they need new friends and family. Better to face reality now than to put it off until the future, when they find themselves trapped in a marriage to an unreasonable TBM with kids involved.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 03:04PM

It’s not even in the mishies paradigm to think the whole of the church is not on the up and up.

Every person they trusted since birth to mission has reinforced that fact. So when confronted as you did they have only one answer. You are of the debil and are misguided and misinformed because of such.

Wouldn’t a better approach be something like this,

Mishie: Hi!

Koriwhore: Hey.

Mishie: sales pitch.

Koriwhore: No thanks. I was a member for X years and faithfully held many positions. Then I learned that what was once anti-mormon lies are now acknowledged by the church as truths. I could not in good conscience stay.

Koriwhore pulls out a pad and pencil, scribbles “ldsessays.com” hands it to them and says "good day gentlemen."

Date: May 23, 2016 03:45PM

But that is not really my goal.
My goal is to prove to viewers that Mormonism forces otherwise good people to lie through their teeth in order to defend the Doomsday Sex CULT of Joseph's Myth.
There is no excuse for defending rape. Their only defense is to lie about it by either claiming Joseph never had sex with his follower teenage daughters and wives, (despite all the evidence to the contrary) or like the lying sack of shit in the referenced video, make the absurd claim that God commanded Joseph to make concubines out of his followers wives, completely ignoring the laws, God commanded just the opposite in the 10 Commandments and in the Law of the Priesthood, not to mention just common human decency.
Let them think my mind is controlled by Scratch,
I'm not the one who taught my kids to sing the praises of a sexual predator/rapist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2016 07:59PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: ghostie ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 04:18PM

I think you did good, Kori! That confrontation is not something they can easily forget.

I think they need to be confronted no matter the method used...except, of course, violence or threats.
(We can leave that to the experienced hands of the LDS church.)

Date: May 23, 2016 07:27PM

Like the name BTW.
I only got pissed when the Senior Companion threatened me with damnation from his God, after just claiming that God told Joseph's Myth to go rape other men's wives with his obscene power.
What pisses me off the most is that they convinced poor Henry they were Gods, so they could rape his wife and ruin Henry's life, by sending him on 8 frigging missions while they stayed behind and raped his wife.
Poor guy finally gave up when he got back from England to SLC, only to find his wife raising Brigham's Child and living with him as his 55th Wife, when Henry was left alone, a widow to two successive rapists, two of the most evil human beings who've ever lived in my book.

"Jacobs struggled with the arrangement, still very much feeling that Zina was his wife, and, in later years wrote to Zina, "the same affection is there .... But I feel alone .... I do not Blame Eny person .... [M]ay the Lord our Father bless Brother Brigham .... [A]ll is right according to the Law of the Celestial Kingdom of our God Joseph".[10] :81–82 Henry would eventually remarry and settle in Utah, though it appears that he and Zina did not keep correspondence or contact."

BYU should be nicknamed
CBU, Cuckold Bull University.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/brotherofelijah/collage.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2016 07:32PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 07:37PM

My Opinion: Every missionary, before he or she leaves for the field, must read the essays ON THE CHURCH'S OWN OFFICIAL WEB PAGE and pass a small exam.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 07:40PM

isn't about Christ-Like living, not when you're deeply involved;

it's a Very competitive Guys Club, which in reality is run by women who are backing-supporting them;

I'm guessing that 80% of the tithing checks are written by women.

Date: May 26, 2016 01:00PM

"I wish my wife was here to answer your questions!"
I just LOL'd because his wife fancied herself as the Ward scriptorian and she was convinced Brigham Young was right on when he said the punishment for mixing your righteous (white) seed with the seed of Cain (Africans) was death on the spot by stoning. She told my son tgat in Seminary.
I was appalled.
We had 2 inter racial families in our ward and this is the 19th Century bogus racist myth the Ward scriptorian/Bishops wife was teahimg our kids in the 21st Century, long after DNA evidence had debunked this racist myth?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.