Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Dude ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 12:29AM

I am sitting here watching a lightning storm rage across the prairie and it sends this humbling feeling down to my core. This storm could easily send a torrent of rain, but it doesn't. It could send down golf ball sized hail, or develop into a tornado, yet it doesn't. Nary a crack of thunder.

The pure, raw, energy produced by this storm dwarfs any than I can ever produce. The power to level almost any of man's creations or burn a centuries old forest in a microsecond. I sit here in awe and amazement at this spectacle, and ponder at the fact that in all likelihood I will see this storm end and nothing eventful happen in its wake.

Much like anything else we try and create we are at the mercy of forces so far out of our control and it can be gone in a flash of charged plasma. We all worry about the same things, though to varying degrees. To realize that your problems and joys mean nothing to the grand scheme of nature actually creates a sense of relief.

I ask you fellow posters, trolls, and lurkers, why do we let all of life's man made delema dictate our path around the cosmos? We subject ourselves to such trivial stress inducing problems that we fail to realize the random, chaos that has shaped us into what we have become and eventually will be. Just sit back and enjoy the storm.

Just a ramble from a surprisingly sober Dude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 12:46AM

THANK-YOU!

Date: May 23, 2016 12:53AM

And now it's getting real outside. Penny sized hail, booming thunder, and a hard, driving rain. . . Point proven in a way?

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 12:55AM

Lord Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Niebuhr

Nature takes care of things on it's own time, humans only think they can guide Nature, we are mostly just fools.

Sit back and enjoy the ride called life.

'The Dude', I agree there is nothing finer than to watch Nature do it's work.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 07:28AM

And sometimes... the roof gets ripped off our adobes, or the rugs pulled out from under our feet to remind us that all those things we think are important can be gone in a nanosecond.

Date: May 23, 2016 11:28PM

And that rug really tied the room together didn't it?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 04:07PM

Yeah, well, that's just ... like your opinion, man.

Date: May 23, 2016 11:27PM

Shut up Donny

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 02:15AM

I am the walrus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.