Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 08:17PM

Following our visit from some older missionaries the other day, my son sprung it on me last night that they are coming back today.

What a pity they will have a 100 kilometre round trip for nothing because I am going to be out for most of the day. So here's hoping they read and take heed of the following note I am pinning to my front door. Anyhow I guess it really doesn't matter if they don't take any notice of it, I don't have to answer the door, I'm not paying for their fuel and they can't excommunicate me because they did that many years ago.

TO THE MORMONS

I apologise that I am unable to be home to say the following in person, but arrangements for you to call back were made without my knowledge and without considering prior appointments
~~~~~~~

The 11th article of faith of the Corporation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints states –

We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

~~~~~~

In this family

We claim the privilege of free agency, the right to decide for ourselves whether or not we will follow any particular religion or none at all and we claim this right expecting to be allowed to do so without unwanted coercion or harassment. .

Our decision not to attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was made many years ago and continued contact from church members will not change our minds. We have no intention of re-activating and no desire to discuss our reasons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 08:20PM

Brilliant!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 08:20PM

I like it. But it's probably too long for mormons. FU Mormons! might be more direct.

Date: May 23, 2016 10:02PM

That was my first instinct, but it would only make them feel more self righteous and martyred. One of my daughters suggested offering them some hash cookies, but I guess that would only make them a little bit happier and just as self righteous. (Besides my son said "Stuff that, they're not getting any of my hash stash").

Pity I am not going to be home because I would really love to hear how they would talk their way around one of their own articles of faith and the fact that we are supposed to have 'free agency'.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 08:26PM

Since the missionaries are making a 100 kilometer round trip, they will have plenty of "thinking and talking time" to ponder your message on their way home. Print off an extra copy of your front door note for them to take. Then the missionary in the passenger's seat can read it over and over again. Maybe that will help drive the message home.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: May 23, 2016 09:10PM

Ponderize?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 02:32AM

Poor indoctrinated mishie babies that should be out doing what normal 18 year olds do......thinking of sex, doing 'it', thinking of sex, doing 'it', etc. etc. etc.

This type of mishie abuse makes a person want to force (somehow or other) the 15 Fossils+ out in that glorious mission field pushing the gospel they shout they love so much. Hey, and they can even use their wheel chairs, canes, walkers, skateboards. Whatever works!

Let the teens come home where they should be!!! Now!

Date: May 24, 2016 06:51AM

"Poor indoctrinated mishie babies that should be out doing what normal 18 year olds do...."

Couldn't agree more, the kiddie mishies should be back home being normal teenagers and getting a head start on real life.

As for "this type of missionary abuse..." long after I left TSCC, my late husband and I provided free medical treatment for several young missionaries, fed others and provided cold drinks and an air conditioned environment where they could drop in out of the hot Aussie sun and cool down for a while. The majority of these young mishies were polite, respectful and grateful although almost all were quite ignorant of TSCC history and changed beliefs. We acted towards these young people as we would have liked others to treat our own children.

My beef is not with the young missionaries but with the older retired ones who always seem to be sent to this particular rural area nowadays. I do not consider it abusive to remind them of one of their articles of faith and to point out the fact that others do have free agency. Two points of doctrine that with their years in the church they cannot claim to be ignorant of.

Anyhow, apart from all that - they had the last laugh. Their appointment was supposed to have been at 10.30am. For various reasons we were late leaving home so I decided to speak to them personally. They hadn't turned up by midday so I left the note pinned to the front door and it was still there when we got home at 5pm.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:57PM

One sign {I made up} I've always considered posting, were I to currently need to, is 'Mormons Use [but don't abuse (something to that effect)] Other Door', I thus far haven't had to. What does the sign on the other door read? Good you ask. Well, something like, 'What Other Door?', or 'OTHER ONE' or 'I meant window!'

Something on the front door like "What, the Morons again?", "Jesus Christ!" What next? HELL!

Mormons go away or I'll (be forced to) come out and play {NICE}!

Mormons go away - Were Gay!

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 09:08PM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.