Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pdoffexmormonnsi ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 11:03AM

Have the rules been relaxed? Saw a pair out reacting today but one was wearing a blue checked shirt. Absolutely definitely missionaries. Really strange xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 11:14AM

Say it ain't so! They'll be much harder to spot and avoid if they resort to camouflage--i.e., normal clothes.

(However, I'm all for letting the gals wear pants in skeeter country--and not just as a skeeter deterrent. With luck, pants could lead to jeans, and jeans could lead to tight jeans. Tight jeans on young ladies is often a good thing.)

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 07:52PM

I'm pretty sure that kid was breaking the rules. The last I heard, even regular members (men) are required to wear white shirts to Sunday meetings. If that's the case, missionaries would definitely have to wear them.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 09:06PM

Maybe it was p-day?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 09:30PM

Read Kirby's latest article in the Trib.

RB

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 09:50PM

In the San Jose California Mission (silicon valley) the missionaries do not have to wear white shirts at certain times: P-days, or while doing service projects. They could be on their way to or from such an activity and still no-white shirt is required. However, they are told to use their pin-on nametag on their non-white shirt attire. In some instances there are Elders who ignore the rule and don't bother with the nametag.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 10:06PM

Saw two here in Perth, Australia the other day. One was wearing the regulation black pants but the other had on light brown pants...more like a dark beige. White shirts on both and name tags.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 10:10PM

I'm wondering if it's their P-day, or they were going to some "service" project, since those are the only times they don't have to wear their uniform. I've seen missionaries shopping on their P-day, and they're often wearing polo shirts and jeans, along with their name tags.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 10:50PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.