Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:06PM

I honestly feel relief, more than anything else. I can't believe that tomorrow, it all ends. Slogging through this last year has been rough. But come tomorrow, I will no longer be a slave to the Church Education System, and the month after that, a free man entirely. This year has cost me friends, family, lost sleep, and a lot of stress. I guess it is true that the price of truth and freedom is something high. I guess I can live happy in the fact that I can start to a new life, and hopefully find a new friends, new family. Most importantly, The days of the mormon church have come to an end in my bloodline. I break the chain. The church is now dead to my posterity, they will grow up free to choose their own paths. I can sleep at night knowing that. Come the end of June, I am free from Mormonism entirely, and will have the capability to carve out a life for myself. It's not going to be easy, for all of us who know the truth and come from situations like mine. The majority of us who are getting thrown out on our own due to our beliefs, we all know the price of freedom is going to be poverty and loneliness for the first little while, but it will be worth it in the long run.

To all of my friends who are the young breed of the next generation of exmormons, come June, we go free, all of us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:12PM

Brilliant news!

Good luck.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:28PM

I hope Bro. Gummy gives you all a chance to bury your testimonies.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:37PM

Well done. This is the most satisfying post I've read on RfM! Well done and good luck!

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 01:39PM

Good luck. Tread carefully but sweetly. Don't be no stranger.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 03:26PM

Hard-earned freedom, in the end, is all the sweeter! Best to you, Exmo Aspie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 03:27PM by bordergirl.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 03:36PM

"The days of the mormon church have come to an end in my bloodline. I break the chain. The church is now dead to my posterity, they will grow up free to choose their own paths."

No sweeter words have ever been said!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 03:39PM

Well played, Exmo Aspie.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 04:12PM

Exmo Aspie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I break the chain.
> The church is now dead to my posterity, they will
> grow up free to choose their own paths.

The irony here for me is I was preached "free agency" and that I could choose my own path. What I didn't know was the punishments and blandishments that would result in not choosing Mormonism.

Free to be chosen in the Mormon Lottery ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lottery ) was what they were talking about while painting a picture that I had options and they wouldn't interfere because God would punish poor choices.

I was living with God's representatives on the earth.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 07:50PM

Good on you Exmo Aspie. I'll miss your stories about Brother Gummy and the crazy seminary class but am so glad to hear that is all behind you now and that your real life begins next month. Have a wonderful 'mofree' life and keep in touch with us all here.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 10:23PM

plz post more stories ~

and ~

more pics ~

thx ~

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: May 24, 2016 11:03PM

Please stay in touch here! Best to you ~

Posted by: Optional2 (nli) ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 09:49AM

Happy for you. ;o)

Wishing you the best in your future.

You have friends here.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:00AM

"The majority of us who are getting thrown out on our own due to our beliefs" That's a sad condition, I wish people weren't so narrow minded. Friendship and kindness should be so much more important than religion, number of earnings one ears, or type of underwear anyone wears.

People should be of more value.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:04AM

The world is your peep stone, my friend. Many of us are really jealous that we didn't figure it out at your age. You have some hard years in the near future, everyone your age does. But as they say, your (long-term) future's so bright, ya gotta wear shades. Best of luck to you.

Oh, and another thing. I thought my son had it made at your age, too, because he'd flown the cult. But he forgot one thing, so I'm reiterating it to you... When a girl says, "It's ok, I'm on the pill," your only response should be, "Great. We'll have double protection"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 10:07AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:04AM

It's like the line at the end of "Platoon". After this, everything else is gravy.

Posted by: happydecemberween ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:14PM

Aspie, you're awesome.

I read all of your posts and laugh every time. Honestly, I'm a bit jealous that you figured it out so early in life. I didn't learn that the church was a sick joke until after I gave up 2 of my best years as a missionary.

Count yourself fortunate that you didn't stick around long enough to waste time on a mission and marry a TBM girl with a personality comparable to white bread.

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 11:51PM

Another first generation exmo here, brother. Of course I went on a mission and wasted my 20s on the church. I didn't marry a TBM though thank God.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:58AM

Posted by: dazzler ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:14AM

Good for you!. It takes courage & strength to do what you're doing.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:21AM

Light at the end of the tunnel! Full speed ahead!

Sadly, this makes me think of my nieces, who after a lifetime of brainwashing--seminary in particular--believe that they have made an informed choice re. being TBM. Sigh.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 02:09AM

Well ExmoAspie you've made it. As a poster on Rfm you have star like following and well deserved. You describe yourself free once and for all. Well not entirely so let somebody 50 years your senior drop a pearl or two. I have gone back and read all your posts from when I started participating in this process. Your zest for life, fueled somewhat by your rather intense dislike of seminary/the brethren and if the truth be known a few rules and regulations, is readily apparent. Your last post mentioned something about being a free man once and for all. Isn't quite that way.

If you work, and one of your posts suggested you would need to, somebody you may dislike as much as seminary will tell you when to come,when to leave, what to wear, when to shave, how long your hair can be and what language can be used on the job. By the way they will decide what they are going to pay you and how often. Then there are little things like FICA, state and federal income taxes, Medicare taxes. Lots of folks gave you some great budgeting ideas- roommates, renting single room, bicycles, working for food service industry, etc. really great stuff. Read them.

In raising three kids and over 40 years as a pediatrician the single biggest wasted expenses in the suddenly "free" individual I saw were driving just to be driving and alcohol.Going nowhere but going there fast. Folks your age rarely control consumption of one or both. And the combination is dangerous. Preachy?? You should see what I have seen in ERs over a long career. Please be careful.

Women. Some other poster said something like "it's okay I'm on the pill".. Great comment. The combination of alcohol and women can be equally dangerous especially with independent thinkers like yourself. One of the most indelible lessons I learned being in a bishopric and often attempting to educate a stake high council on adolescent behavior is that girls that say yes real fast are trying to get away from something. The same was true for married women having affairs. Kind of like the Harry Chapin song "Anywhere is a better place to be". We didn't always find out what that need to escape was before it was too late- incest,abuse and real danger- you get the picture. Given your possible testosterone poisoning and zest for a free adult life you may find yourself in a paternal situation that will end horribly for all concerned. PLEASE be careful. One of your posts was about expenses. My god imagine the expense of this one.

Finally, going to school requires going to class. Lower numbered courses and required freshman courses are in the morning. Get up and sit in front. With my three children and the thousands I watched grow up I learned everybody is a genius at something. Take time to find out what your special skill is. It will become apparent eventually. I have no doubt you will excel at it.

Just some thoughts while I worked in my blueberries and blackberries this afternoon. I don't communicate well at my age but my experiences and observations have merit and I urge you to consider them.

Kindest Personal Regards
Gatorman

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 02:45AM by gatorman.

Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 02:22AM

and put in a good word or two with the invisible sorcerers for us who are still stuck.

As my math teacher said to us at the end of every class, "Be careful out there!"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:19PM

Please keep us up to date on your adventures!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.