Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 12:06PM

This was in a small town in Idaho. Does anyone know if the football players happen to be TBM's?

“Mr. Howard is a large and aggressive male who had been sent to live with his relatives in Idaho due to his inability to keep out of trouble in Texas,” the complaint says. “Mr. Howard is a relative of prominent individuals in the community and, at least in part due to his athletic ability and community connections, the Defendants ignored or were deliberately indifferent to the behavior of Mr. Howard which included aggression, taunting and bullying of The Plaintiff and other students in the District. With deliberate indifference, the Defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/25/white-high-school-football-players-in-idaho-charged-with-raping-black-disabled-teammate-with-a-coat-hanger/?postshare=7551464174982950&tid=ss_tw

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/white-football-players-brutally-raped-black-teammate-during-racist-assault-in-hs-locker-room-police/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 01:42PM

You know, there is so much wrong with that whole incident. That kid was let down by so many people. I'm sure there are morons involved. Probably several seminary students.

I hope they send them away for life.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 05:13PM

I hope they appreciate the irony of the prison sentence they are bound to serve, and the violent prison rape they will no doubt be forced to endure.

When they are raped, though, it probably won't be with a coat hanger, and as far as I'm concerned they still won't have been punished enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 05:13PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:22PM

Taking bets- will they have a Court of Love? My prediction- no Court of Love if they have been paying tithing.

Date: May 26, 2016 11:42AM

It would be interesting to know if any of them are actually Mormon. There are several different xtian religions in that area besides the Mormons. I was hoping someone reading this board might live close enough to know.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:44AM

I think that if we are agreed that rape is wrong, it's not appropriate to wish that anybody be the victim of rape.

I do hope these guys go to jail for a very very long time. I think that they are very dangerous.

However, as a society, I think that we should be trying to decrease violence in general and sexual assault in particular in prisons. That might go along way to helping protect the general public when prisoners are eventually released from prison.

Date: May 26, 2016 11:47AM

Well said.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 11:59AM

You get it.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 12:36PM

Life in prison per the article. Seems excessive. If school adm were notified of the racial harassment prior to the occurrence, and did not do anything about it - a 10 mill law suit would not be off the charts.

Playing devils advocate...I don't believe everything I read and hear w/o knowing all of the facts. Hard to say what happened w/o knowing all the facts. The vic had transferred their b/c of behavior problems. Did he have a history of joking around? Were they joking around? Hard to believe school officials did not address racial issues prior...something's not adding up. The truth will come out in court.

Date: May 26, 2016 12:37PM

I hate it when people assume guilt w/o knowing all of the facts.

Date: May 26, 2016 12:58PM

Thanks...I misread the report the first time, and was under the impression that the vic was the one w/ the behavioral issues, but in fact it was Howard. Having played football in a public highschool, I know thug players will pick on the weak. I have seen big thuggish behavioral disordered idiots do things like snuggy's to smaller guys. If this bears out to be true, whether kidding or not - they are in deep shiz and rightfully so.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 01:10PM

I hope we keep up with developments on this, so Horrid it should be broadcast as an example to ALL

Posted by: I-da-ho ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:03AM

A great example of the Mormon good old boys system. I am pretty sure that further researsh will show that several of the school staff and administrators are LDS. I hope they get what they deserve for turning a blind eye to the victim's abuse.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:12AM

nearly 27% of the population in Dietrich are TBMs, the highest of all religions there by a long shot...
http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/zip-code/idaho/dietrich/83324

The black people there make up less than 1% of the pop and the white and delightsomes make up 97% of the population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich,_Idaho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 01:16AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:41AM

If this is all true (remember Duke), I'd volunteer to put a bullet in some guys.

What I don't get is why supposedly macho football players would want to mess with another guy's privates.

Was trying to figure out why small town in Idaho would be so racist, but then saw the kid came from Texas. I grew up in small town in Washington with no blacks and never heard any racist talk.

Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 12:30PM

My guess as to why they'd mess with this poor student's private parts is because they made their offense about humiliating the victim. Taking it a step further, the intestines are very sensitive, so now there is a chance of doing (potentially severe) physical damage too. If they really hated this guy, they knew a way to maximize his pain physically, psychologically, and through turning a sexual act into violence.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.