Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 12:18PM

So you're thinking that if the disabled teammate was white this wouldn't have happened?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 12:36PM

kolobian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you're thinking that if the disabled teammate
> was white this wouldn't have happened?

If the details in the article are correct...yep.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 12:55PM

Nothing that won't be solved with $10 million dollars, I guess :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:39PM

Someone should go to jail for this.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:40PM

"Two of the teenagers are being charged as adults and could face life in prison, under Idaho law."

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 01:10PM

From the article, it would seem the main perpetrator is a transplant white boy from Texas, sent to live in Idaho with well connected relatives due to his behavior, and he apparently brought his racism, and confederate flag, along with him.

Date: May 25, 2016 01:13PM

That doesn't seem to matter much, since school officials encouraged the behavior and 11 people were involved. So there was 1 Texan and 10 Idahoans.

"The suit even claims that Dietrich football coaches encouraged other players to fight the boy, allowing a much larger student to knock the boy unconscious as other students shouted “catcalls, taunts and racial epithets.”

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 12:40PM

the coach will stand up for them and they will get away with it because they are football players.

Where have I heard this before ?

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 02:47PM

"...With deliberate indifference, the Defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr. Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred towards the Plaintiff."

Do you think there's any possibility there was an existing "culture of racial hatred" in Idaho before he got there?

Date: May 25, 2016 07:38PM

Idaho is the homeland for White Supremacy. They're generally up in Northern Idaho, but the sentiment exists all over the state.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 03:26PM

"Do you think there's any possibility there was an existing "culture of racial hatred" in Idaho before he got there?"

Nah- not a chance. It's a well known fact that Idaho treats black residents just fine. All 5 of them.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 05:50PM

StillAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Do you think there's any possibility there was an
> existing "culture of racial hatred" in Idaho
> before he got there?"
>
> Nah- not a chance. It's a well known fact that
> Idaho treats black residents just fine. All 5 of
> them.

Idaho is definitely a "white pride" state. I've worked with a few people from Idaho, 2 of them mormon, and all of them had no trouble using the N word and talking about their hatred of Mexicans. One actually admitted to having belonged to the KKK in Boise. And he was one of the mormons.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 03:34PM

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 03:42PM

This sickens me. Racism, bigotry, abuse of power (not to mention sexism, homophobia and xenophobia) are alive and well in the U.S. It just takes a violent sociopathic kid to really bring it to light.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:37PM

I'm hoping that the school (district?) has good insurance for 'acts & omissions'....

otherwise, the plaintiff Might OWN the schools!

btw, where is this tiny town/Burg?

Date: May 25, 2016 07:39PM

Near Twin Falls, Burley, Rupert. Very Mormon.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 07:57PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich,_Idaho

North of Twin Falls, Burley and Rupert.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 08:31PM

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread:

I'm sure the people who participated in this assault will be going to prison, and I hope the irony is not lost on them when they are being brutally gang-raped. And it will not be with a coat hanger. I will not feel sorry for them in the slightest, nor will I feel like it is a sufficient enough punishment.

This is the very definition of a hate crime. I can scarcely conceive of one more vile.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:39AM

Won't local church leadership probably try to swoop in, in some fashion, and save these boys from the law and put them on missions? I'm not just being cynical. Local law enforcement and court officials in that area are likely all LDS and involved in ward and stake leadership. One kid is a Howard, the other kid's first name is Tanner. The names often give away the genealogy. But has someone pointed out, the one kid is a transplant.

"They're just good old boys," I expect someone to say.

Posted by: dazzler ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:02AM

Utterly ridiculous!... and people wonder why black people are so angry. This incident is pure evil and a testament to that wretched religion called mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.