Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:17PM

Glad I had parents who never believed in that. They were regular temple goers and had two hellraiser sons who were never worthy. There was not a red cent in their wills for the cult (there wasn't much left anyway). And BTW they gave the church a small fortune during their lives.

RB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 10:34PM

It's so reassuring that you can bully your children to forever obey the church or cut them out what should be rightfully their's to claim.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 11:13PM

So the guy who came up with this approach to more wealth for the church, he probably got a lot of pats on the back and a raise and probably a bonus.

But who died and made him the mormon ghawd's prophet? Granted, it's a great idea, money-wise, but how come whoever was profit at the time didn't get the directive? Why was it someone in the We Need More Money department?

And it's effective! I've heard confessions from closeted exmos who admit that they would lose big bags of money if they confirmed the throwing out of their testimonies. So they baptize their kids on schedule and keep as low a mormon profile as the can, just waiting for mom and dad to kick the bucket.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 04:53AM

I thought they took this down? Oh the decisions and worries that the wealthy have to face... It makes me tear up when I have to think about their dilemma.

Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 10:34AM

The church did but it seems it was uploaded by a different person. The summary for the video on that link details what's in the video and that the church removed the video.

I think it's good to have it up. This needs to be transparent.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:37PM

Not giving to kids because they don't have a temple recommend is a bit over the top. But the Father does bring up an important point about giving away large sums of money to irresponsible people. The wealthy do wonder about that,

I've heard David Ramsey spout on about it and brag that he raised successfully married Christians that are debt free and educated. And they only receive wealth if they are living right.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.