Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 11:16PM

From somewhere I got the idea that not only is the recipient of the second anointing to end up in the CK, but his and of course her (wife #1) descendants will also end up in the CK, even against their will, no matter what they did. GGP had some wayward children and through the generations the independent, rebellious gene passed down. After all, he was pretty independent and rebellious when he joined the Mos against the wishes of his family.

Can any of you provide documentation for or against this interpretation? I admit, I'm feeling pretty cocky, not to mention entitled, the more I read about the second anointing. Ha ha, guys, you will still have to put up with us apostates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 25, 2016 11:59PM

Calm down. My G-G-pa and wife also had the second anointing. In those days (up until about 1930 IIRC) lots and lots of members got it. So anybody today who is descended from Mormons of that era is likely in the same situation as you and I.

I don't recall anything in the 2nd anointing that promised salvation for one's posterity.

That was only a promise that Joseph Smith made (to the Kimballs, for example) in order to get little girls into bed.

Nothing in scripture grants salvation to one's descendants (although there are NT passages and also in modern Mormon scripture that CURSE one's descendants... doesn't seem fair, does it?)

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 12:54AM

No, not fair. I thought I'd read somewhere that the 2nd anointing guaranteed some kind of special saving grace for descendants.

Darn. Guess I'll have to settle for whatever punishment I probably don't deserve for leaving Mormonism--in the unlikely event it is all true.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:44AM

In the Celestial Room of the Preston England Temple, after receiving the SA, Elder Ballard told us the ordinance would save our 'posterity'.

I didn't ask how far down that went, just felt comforted that it at least applied to my children.

Now I am happily living on an idyllic island (called 'Calypso' by Homer). You can keep your Mormon Celestial Kingdom as well as their threat of 'Outer Darkness'.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 03:37AM

Tom Phillips:

You have no idea how often your name is spoken of in our home. Revealing to the world the SA is the most influential FACT that affects me daily. Thank You.

When I think of my Stake President who has never repented for his offenses toward me, and yet has received the SA years later, is just proof to me that it's just a man made ordinance and has ZERO affect in the afterlife. If God is telling the President of TSCC to give this or that person the SA, then God doesn't remember that my SP still had not yet repented to me and asked for forgiveness before having his feet washed and cleansing his sins from this generation. It's all BS.

Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 07:08AM

Thanks jiminy.

I agree "proof to me that it's just a man made ordinance and has ZERO affect in the afterlife".

Keep up your stellar exmo missionary work jiminy.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 06:42AM

I just love Homer Simpson.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:36AM

Forget needing this 2nd anointing shinola.

I think anyone and their posterity forever that has had to put up with the indoctrination of the LDS.org/cult is bound and sure to receive at least 73 virgins, all the steak and baked potatoes, rasberries in chocolate and melt-in-your-mouth watermelon they desire forever and be forgiven for whatever in the hell they have done that isn't kosher with the Flying Spagetti Person.

Posted by: exmo-k ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 08:46AM

I am grateful everyday for Tom's revelation about the 2nd anointing............it's something I share often.....especially with pompous TBM "friends".......they seem like it's no big deal but I encourage googling for more info....

"Surprise there are secrets in your cult that you are not privy to".....

I had heard rom a relative that my parents received the second anointing.....it wasn't labeled as such.....but my parents went to the temple with an apostle for a special session.....

It was great learn what that was all about.
And of course it's never discussed in our family.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't trickle down to me or a couple of my sibs......it's too special & sacred.

exmo-k@juno.com

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:02AM

Had G-G-Pa invested his 10% into Coca-Cola stock you'd be damn well saved.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 09:22AM

My G-G-Pa was a Presbyterian. No way I'll have him dead-dunked. If there's no life after death it's a waste of my time and if there *is* life after death he'll track me down and strangle me in my sleep.

He made his living as a stable boy in Ohio. Which just goes to show that you don't have to be a General Authority member to shovel sh-- for a living.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.