Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:57PM

I just discovered a wonderful use for chopsticks: eating messy lunch snacks like Cheetos, flavored potato chips, etc. It also helps me resist the urge to shovel in handfuls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 02:58PM

The same thing applies when using chopsticks in foreplay.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 03:39PM

Seems somehow sexy, though.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:17PM

I swear I had the same thought before reading your comment.

Date: May 26, 2016 05:29PM

I trust then that you, as I have done, have registered with your local policing authority as a pervert.

Date: May 26, 2016 05:44PM

As a condition of my parole, I'm not allowed within 1000 yards of Catholic girls' school uniform suppliers, panty factories, junior college women's locker rooms, aerobic studios with floor to ceiling windows, or escalators with reflective stair treads, if you catch my drift. And I think you do.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 06:20PM

Come to Washington State, declare yourself transgender and you're home free to visit any rest room or locker room your heart desirers

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:38PM

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 03:39PM

I'm using them now, eating spicy chicken teriyaki for lunch.

Good idea regarding messy chips, etc.

Date: May 26, 2016 03:55PM

A tortilla in one hand, a chopstick in the other...

Sounds like a Woody Allen film.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 04:49PM

And it burns more calories and helps you eat slower, or says the gospel of Alton Brown.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:20PM

How appropriate, since I'm sitting here munching on a bag of Ruffles Cheddar.
Unfortunately, I'm fresh outta chopsticks :(

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: May 26, 2016 05:33PM

Years ago I had a friend who insisted on using a spoon to eat popcorn.

Date: May 26, 2016 05:40PM

The brain... A weird organ.

Reading your post made my brain pop up a 50 year old memory: 4 elders living together. One night three of us hear hammering coming from the bathroom. Next thing we're all at the open door of the bathroom, watching Elder Kennedy pounding on a completely flat tube of toothpaste. When he finished, he put the small hammer back into his ditty-bag.

Date: May 26, 2016 05:47PM

He couldn't just cut it open and get the last of it out that way?!? O_o Or was the pounding some kind of passive-aggressive annoyance to the rest of yous?

Date: May 26, 2016 05:54PM

I was there for three months and that was the only occurrence.

Another memory from Colonia Industrial: the ward had a party featuring a cake contest, followed by the auctioning off of all the cakes. I baked a cake, won second prize and then won the bidding on my cake and took it home and ate it. I remember I used orange juice to make the icing and grated orange peel into the icing.

Date: May 27, 2016 04:53PM

But I'm pragmatic almost to a fault, so inefficiency is completely perplexing in my NTJ mind.

Back on the topic of chopsticks- I douldn't use them for years. When I started taking a Wushu class, my Sifu would punch anyone in the arm if he caught them using forks. Whaddaya know, operant conditioning works when learning to use chopsticks!

What I was completely unware of, though, is I grasp my chopsticks really low until a fellow potter pointed it out one day at lunch. What can I say, my hands are weird, ok?

Date: May 27, 2016 09:34AM

I understand. I too have spent some lonely evenings in my room pounding my tube, trying to squeeze out a bit more of the precious white paste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 09:45AM by getbusylivin.

Date: May 27, 2016 01:16PM

Well, yeah! But he did this in the morning, in front of all of us, and he never repented, like we all did, repeatedly.

Posted by: Mike T. ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 09:24AM

All this does is remind me of a super-duper TBM co-worker I worked with until I left my last place in 2013. He was syrupy sweet and had a dozen kids and stuff. He'd gone on a mission to Japan, then was able to get transferred there years later with his family, then moved to the Pacific NW. He ate all his lunches with chopsticks. Other people just thought he was weird, trying to make a point, or trying to get people to ask, "Hey. Why you always use chopsticks?", to which he might reply, "What do you know about the Mormon church? Would you like to know more?"

Thankfully, when they dissolved my work site and sent all the personnel scattering for positions at other sites, he was able to get transferred back to Japan. More power to him. I hope he is dutifully trying to convert all the locals by showing them how much more superior he by being American and having a dozen kids.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 01:41PM

Posted by: Garçon ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 06:57PM

I was teaching second grade and as part of a lesson on cultures around the world, I had the little ones try to eat their lunch with chop sticks. Much hilarity and highjinks of all types ensued. Later, many of my little cream puffs informed me they would never master the skill of using chop sticks.

The next day, before cleaning up, I put out a couple of big bowls of M&Ms. I told them they could eat as many as they wanted. The room filled with loud cries of joy and statements of how cool I was. Then I informed them that they had to use their chop sticks. Guess what. After about 3 minutes I had a classroom full of chop stick experts. Oh, motivation. And not a flaming sword in sight!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.