Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brett ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 06:55PM

There was a group that I believe was called "Evergreen" that existed in Utah that was basically a support group for gay Mormon men. A guy from the ward I grew up in Northern CA was excommunicated for homosexuality (he was married with 8 children) but still stayed married to his wife. I heard he and his wife had moved to Utah and he was going to this group called Evergreen. Apparently the goal was to make gay men straight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 07:09PM

Brett, you're in luck! (hey, just kidding, cuate!)

http://northstarlds.org/evergreen-international/

The first block of print on the homepage says:

"If you’ve arrived here looking for information or resources from Evergreen International, you’ve still come to the right place—welcome to North Star!"

Reading on, on the home page, yep, it's the 'cure the gay' go to organization for los mormones.

I didn't read any further, since La Saucie has shocked me into being completely faithful, as well as hetero.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 07:21PM

Oh well. At least they've moved beyond shock therapy.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 08:02PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 08:11PM

There was!

I had a North Star IBM clone. I had a bunch of clones, after IBM and MS got together to make the MS DOS running computers.

But that was after my Osbornes and K-Pros...

Remember WordStar? and 'macros'?

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: May 27, 2016 09:33PM

I learned about all my first gay clubs while in Evergreen. As stupid as the group was, it introduced me to other gay people. It turned out to be my gateway drug.=)

Thankfully I saw through the bogus therapy pretty quickly, but others were not so lucky. There were people in the group that had been in it for decades. It was sad that people let the church dictate how they feel about themselves.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 28, 2016 10:30AM

Evergreen was by esteban (a prior poster to this forum). I don't know where you can find it. I know he has a book, but I don't know the name of the book. It was really interesting to me to read about his experiences.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.