Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 05:56PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: friendlyeconomist ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 06:03PM

Snowville, as in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowville,_Utah

?

It's strange that such small towns can actually write their own laws, isn't it?

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 06:36PM

The bigger question is why would you want to buy beer in Snowville? :) Idaho isn't far away.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 04:44PM

^This. Plus you wouldn't have to deal with Utah's idiotic 3.2% beer.

Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 07:45PM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 07:46PM

Years ago I got nice cab ride ($80 or so) to Highland on a Sunday, and I was dumbfounded when my fare couldn't get some beer at a convenience store. He was okay with what happened, but I said the next time we would stop in Sandy or Draper first.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 06, 2016 11:55PM

A couple of years ago, I was in a rented Jeep "Patriot," and learned to my distress it only had a 12 gallon gas tank. Consequently, I ran out of fuel way the hell West on Route 30, and had to hitch in to Snowville. (I was picked up by an elderly LDS couple who strictly drove the speed limit on that good, fast road--so frustrating!) I'm talking halfway to the Nevada border.

The manager at the Flying J truckstop put an employee in his own car with a 10-gal gas can to drive me out there. All he charged me for was the gas can and gas, but I tipped him and his employee big time for the courtesy.

There's a very nice diner not far from the Flying J with a neat name: "Molly's." If you need to stop there, skip the junk food at the two fuel stops and eat at Molly's. I'll always wonder if that is a reference to "Molly Mormon." But it's a nice place.

Posted by: phoebe64 ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 07:03PM

Nope, Mollie is the owner. Well, at least she used to be. She just recently sold to her daughter I want to say, or some relative. She still hangs out at the diner and harasses the locals.

Great place to eat.

Posted by: Elmer Fudd ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 03:10AM

Snowville. . .

My father used to take us kids out there to hunt rabbits back in the day. I had my first RC Cola at a dusty little general store in Snowville.

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 09:06AM

There is still a town in PA (Big Run) that is totally dry since prohibition. There is no liquor sales within the town limits.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 01:25PM

You can't sell alcohol anywhere in Minnesota on Sunday, or in a grocery store for that matter. Bills to change those laws never make it out of committee. However I can drive across the border to Wisconsin and bring it back. STUPID!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.