Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Joe the man ho Smith ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 07:48AM

So my mormon mom was talking about little children who are brutelly murdered and saying "God sends angels to take away the pain of little lds children who are being tortured like that he takes away there pain." BUT I have also heard stories where angels comforted children in that situation and they weren't even lds! And she said this with pure utter shock UGH can you say VOOOOOMMMMIIIITTTT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like seriously SERIOUSLY you think just because a little child who most likely has never even heard of the church doesn't deserve to be comforted as much as an lds child?! Why in the HELL would it matter what religion someone is if there being tortured don't ya think they would um DESERVE HELP ANYWAYS??! Like does she REALLY think this way?!?! It absolutely sickens me! Ya God cause God is totally going to see a non lds child being tortured and say " hold on my child! Daddy's sending hel..... ohhhh waaaaiiiiitttt a minute your not lds?!?!?! Ok then SCREW YOU! UGH like is this REALLY her mindset? It seriously is quite horrifying!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dee ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 07:57AM

Me too. One more reason not to believe in a god. Nice stories that Jesus was holding the kid behind the couch when daddy killed mommy but if you tell those stories then any kid should get protected not just the ones who belongs to your church. Tell her Saten made her say that and to go on her knees and ask for forgiveness

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 09:13AM

Why didn't Jesus give daddy a heart attack so that mommy would be safe? Oh, he can't interfere with man's agency. The Old Testament god would have sent an angel to kill the bad daddy.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 10:09AM

Isn't the Mormon "I'm so special God loves only me and not anyone else" bull just sickening. May we always control our urge to slap them across the face. This is my wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 10:10AM by blueorchid.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 10:34AM

People make up all sorts of things to try and not deal with reality. This is just another one.
This escapism made-up stuff is rarely logical, reasonable, or well thought-out. It's never actually real, either. It's a way of *avoiding* reality, not dealing with it.

Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 01:04PM

I always thought this line of thinking was disgusting too. It came as a surprise to me when I first started going to church that there were implications that God loves certain people more than others. It didn't strike me as the source that a divine form of love would come from.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 02:39PM

Brainwashed cult speak.

Posted by: abcdomg ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 03:01PM

It's also sickening for anyone to believe children have their pain taken away while they are being hurt. It's an excuse for Morgbots to avoid doing anything directly about child abusers and molesters hiding in their midst.

Posted by: maizyday2 ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 08:54PM

Did you call her on her BS? I certainly hope so.

I had a FB friend post a story once about how a 9/11 survivor had converted to Mormonism and how it was god's doing that he survived. (as in, he'd been saved so he could become a mormon.)

Uhg! So if only all those people who died on 9/11 had had it in their hearts to become mormon, they could have been saved too???

I can't remember if I commented on the posting, but I did delete her so I wouldn't have to read any more of that "faith-promoting" garbage.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 12:24PM

This doesn't even follow Mormon teaching: little not-yet-8 kids are unconditionally saved, and lds kids below 8 aren't Mormons yet! That's why you confirm them members of the church after baptism.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 12:27PM

I think Elizabeth Smart would disagree with this idea.

Date: June 11, 2016 03:01PM

Yes I totally agree with you guys on the whole "Mormons are so much better than everyone else" bs and how sickening it is! Its especially sickening when they believe that even torture victims only deserve to be helped if there mormon ugh that 9/11 story makes me sick! Ya cause that person deserved to live cause they chose to be a mormon and so everyone else deserved to die! How very spiritual and heartwarming NOT! Ugh and I tried to tell her how sickening it was that she thought only church members should be saved and she just ignored me how nice! And YES! I totally agree with how sickening it is to believe and go around preaching how children have there pain taken away when there being tortured I actually know someone who was abused and some Mormons I know spread shit about her having angels all around her taking away her pain and she told me herself that was a bunch of shit and it made her really mad they would say that it makes me mad too! Unless you have permission from the person who was abused themself that there pain was taking away then seriously shut the hell up! I agree it would be much more productive to try and help someone being abused then to tell fairy tales about there pain magically being taken away it absolutely disgusts me that so many Mormons totally believe that garbage I mean have they actually talked to the victim themselves and asked them if it was true there pain was taking away? If not then they need to shut the hell up and not act like someone hasn't gone through extreme pain just to spread there faith promoting garbage! Its totally disrespectful and I mean how would they like it if they went through terrible pain then people started going around saying "you felt no pain cause the " angels" saved you" something tells me they wouldn't like that so much....

Date: June 11, 2016 03:23PM

Your right Madalice I thing she would disagree as well

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.