Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 01:21AM

For Spanish speakers, it's an easy read; others can copy and paste into Google or Bing translator.

Basically these missionaries wanted to do "baseball baptisms" and got arrested.

https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/noroeste/8555-detienen-a-misioneros-por-desnudar-a-ninos-para-bautizarlos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2016 01:57AM by dydimus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 01:54AM

an update: https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/noroeste/8663-8663

Looks like native missionaries...

Date: June 11, 2016 01:58AM

I thought it was funny at first; but now it's not funny. It's pretty scary and dumb.

If this would of happened in the U.S. you better believe MorgCorp would of had the PR guys out there and giving all sorts of apologies and explanations.

Date: June 11, 2016 01:54AM

an update:
www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/noroeste/8663-8663

Looks like native missionaries...

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 02:00AM

And in the lds temple, don't they ask people to undress?

Date: June 11, 2016 11:35AM

Well, to be baptized--you have to be dressed in white. So I'm assuming they were asking the children to dress in either white jumpers or white gowns which they use for baptisms. I think the "missionaries" had an idea (much like the baseball baptisms of yore).

This was just to drive numbers up; which is the biggest directions that the MP and missions push for. One wonders how many baptisms were done before and the kids not knowing they were becoming Mormon stats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2016 11:37AM by dydimus.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 02:00AM

This is not the country or city I would like my picture on the front page of a newspaper.

Date: June 11, 2016 09:35AM

¡This should make tracting in that city, if not the nation, rather *interesting* for the next couple of weeks!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 04:15PM

Candy, chips and sodas? That's how the Mormons are luring kids nowadays? At least before they used sports and the kids were getting in some exercise. Sheesh.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 05:14PM

They really should stop conning people, and worse, targeting minors. They should all be arrested, including the con men in Salt Lake City. The should be placed in handcuffs and led out of the temple like the criminals they are.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 05:42PM

What they should really do is treat missionaries with kindness and respect. I am not talking about the Mexican authorities. I am talking about the Missionary President and the missionary program.

These young people are under such pressure to do the impossible (grow the church) that it is bound to lead to extremely poor judgement like this. I am very anti-Mormon Church and I don't think for a minute that these missionaries were out to sexually abuse these kids.

These missionaries get lied to and told that they are lazy. They are told that the lack of baptisms is due to a failure on the part of the missionary and not the church. They are regularly harangued to meet some unrealistic numbers. They live in an isolated echo chamber. And this is the sort of thing that comes from all that.

The people who convinced these missionaries that numbers and baptisms are the most important thing are the ones responsible for this disaster. However, I suspect that nothing will happen to the truly responsible parties , and the missionaries will simply be condemned to twist in the wind on this one.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:13PM

When will the English version of this article appear in the Deseret News?

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:27PM

I'm sure you meant to say the Salt Lake Tribune ;-)

Date: June 11, 2016 08:40PM

Today's update: https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/noroeste/9282-expulsan-a-los-mormones-chihuahua-ya-fueron-boletinados translation: mormons expelled from Chihuahua... but I have no idea what 'boletinado' means!!

The story says that there will be a big story on this in their paper tomorrow, Sunday.

In one of the photos you can see, from the back, a for sure Norte Americano. So is he being kicked out of the country?!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:51PM

Every Time I think they can't be-behave dumber...

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:52PM

It won't ever appear in the Dnews. They will never print anything disparaging of the church.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:53PM

elderolddog, bolitinado = bulletin.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2016 08:55PM by cinda.

Date: June 11, 2016 09:10PM

cinda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> elderolddog, bolitinado = bulletin.

I don't know... expelled and bulletined? Like put on some kind of watch list sort of thing?

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: June 12, 2016 12:08AM

"I have no idea what 'boletinado' means!!"

"boletinado" means posted to a bulletin.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: June 12, 2016 12:20AM

From the article: "Cuauhtémoc.- De acuerdo al presidente seccional de Anáhuac, los misioneros detenidos ya fueron boletinados para evitar su entrada al estado"

Translation: The missionaries were banned from coming back to the State. It says that the President of Anahuac posted about the detained missionaries to prevent their entry into the State.

The real problem was that the missionaries didnt consult the parents of the children before trying to baptize them. Imagine if some grown men lured your children to a church without your knowledge and asked them to undress. The kids were rightfully scared by the situation and told their parents who pressed charges.

Posted by: not logged in ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 08:56PM

Oh man, I bet the MP is crapping bricks. The church is being very publicly humiliated on his watch. The unpardonable sin.

No chance of becoming a GA now.

Posted by: Demiurgo ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 09:06PM

Hahahahaha!!!

Posted by: Demiurgo ( )
Date: June 11, 2016 09:07PM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 12, 2016 01:14AM

The PROFIT Joseph's Myth [remember the asshole who started all of this shit?]. He ask many many girls and boys to take off their clothes. He was a child molester after all. FU*KING SLIMEBALL!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.