Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: June 12, 2016 08:14PM

The service this morning opened with lighting nine candles for the Emmanuel 9 who were murdered in their church on July 17, 2015. When that remembrance was planned, of course, we didn’t know there would be more to mourn from Orlando.

Rev. Ellen talked about love conquering hate. She also talked about love getting angry and how does love manifest when it is angry? She didn’t have a lot of answers, but she provided a lot of questions. It was a good morning to be in church.

Sermon link:

http://www.uuchelmsford.org/our-minister/test-archive/sermon/10297-bearing-witness-to-no-thing-more-human-one-year-after-charleston.html

At any point during the service, although usually before, you can write any joys or concerns that you would like to share with the congregation in a book in the back of the sanctuary. Toward the end of the service, the minister reads what was written. I neglected to get to the book quickly enough. During a hymn I headed toward it just in time to see Rev. Ellen pick it up and carry it to the front. She did not see me and I did not want to make a big deal.

So – let me share my concern here. Today is my father’s birthday, probably his last as he is in hospice with cancer throughout his body. We have mostly been estranged for many reasons (none of them involving Mormonism. I was a convert, he had nothing to do with it one way or the other). I have been to see him. The big man he was is smaller than I, but his voice is still the same and he has most of his wits. I don’t know that I will miss the gut clenching that accompanies any call or visit with him, but I wish him well and am glad he has a comfortable place to be.

When the service ended I rounded up grandson and granddaughter for a brief choir rehearsal. They are singing with members of the adult choir next Sunday when many people will be away. The voice parts with whom they sang praised their ability to sight read and carry a tune. Their Nana was very proud. We were all glad to have extra voices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2016 08:25PM by msmom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: June 13, 2016 09:26AM

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: June 13, 2016 09:31AM

thank you for posting this

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.