Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cough it up ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:36PM

mine? Jethro. my sisters was Pheobe. i think she got hers when the tv show "friends" was on air. lame lame lame lame.

i even went so far to cross reference who jethro was, apparently he coached moses on how to liberate authority. yeah sure he did. makes me think more of beverly hillbillies

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:39PM

Alma. The first time. The second time they gave me a different name, which I forgot.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 11:14AM

The only Almas I've ever met for real were women.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:44PM

If you know when a person went through the temple for the first time, the following link will tell you their temple name. Since 2013 there have been two lists, so you have a 50/50 shot of getting it right the first time.

http://www.fullerconsideration.com/templenameoracle.php

Hey, for a little while, did you think you were the only one with that 'secret' name?

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:45PM

Luke

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:46PM

Elizabeth

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:51PM

I was donned Sarah, Sara, Sarai....take your pick on the spelling as that was not shared with moi.

I was happy with this random nomiker as I liked the name, and then, even liked it more when I learned that the original name Sarai means princess and that she was beautiful. I had dreams of being just that. I am not ugly but not quite up to the status of a beautiful princess.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 09:53PM

It's Canta Caca.

in my native language it means "woman who eats shit and smiles"

Date: June 14, 2016 09:58PM

you sing that shit, baby!

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 10:03PM

Gideon... I remember being terrified that I wouldn't remember it because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to make it into heaven... The Temple worker said I could remember it because "Gideon, like the old Bible". He then told me that if I forgot it, a temple worker could look it up. I envisioned a huge database full of names linked to people who had gone through the temple. How naive I was...

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:31AM

Ha ha, envisage a long line of people at the help desk, a short distance away from the holy gates of hand shakes. An harrassed looking angel looking up forgotten temple names.

Mine was Naomi.. it means pleasant/sweet. I didn't really like it. Ruth's mother-in-law who was bitter about how god had screwed up her life.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 10:19PM

Never had one but I'd insist on Eeyore.....

RB

Date: June 14, 2016 10:22PM

I want to meet you one day and hear you say, "Thanks fer noticin' me..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwNJg5mw8U

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:12PM

That would be my pleasure!

RB

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:18PM

Jacob....lol fucking Jacob.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 10:36AM

another Jacob here.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:32PM

I knew IMMEDIATELY that this wasn't just my name. There was something wrong, but I didn't know what the truth was for a few years after.

This bothered me for years. I didn't like it and I thought that if God knew me, this is not the name he would give me. My parents did a much better job of naming me than God did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2016 11:32PM by cl2.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:04AM

God loves Lucy!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:10AM

I never went through the temple, so missed out on all that - whew! But it's sad to think that something as important as your NAME FOR ALL ETERNITY was just a name on a list on a schedule. The only way you can make meaningful is to imagine that God SENT you to the temple on THAT DAY so that you'd get that particular name. Otherwise, it was pretty much thoughtlessly assigned to you. Lucy sounds a lot like Lucifer. I wouldn't have liked that one.

Date: June 15, 2016 10:21AM

I heard about it. I wanted to hear God's name for me. What a shocker! It was one of those moments. My ex at the veil said, "What?????" He loves Lucy, as does my daughter. I don't.

I had to make it to the temple. I had to see it for myself; otherwise, I would have spent my life wondering what I had missed out on. I wouldn't have believed anyone who told me otherwise. That's just how my mind works. I was going to be the best temple attender EVER. I did 4 endowments and did sealings once (which was really bizarre given that it wasn't my husband that did the sealings with me). I never went back after the sealings. My ex had to BEG me to go that time just to see the new movie back in 1990.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 11:17AM

I could see Lucille, or Lucia for a 'temple' name.

Lucy does not sound like a celestial name at all, not for a future goddess or queen!

It reminds me of the movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Her name was Lucy, until Rex Harrison met up with her.

Then it became "Lucia." Because she was a heavenly creature who deserved a heavenly name.

:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2016 11:21AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 10:25AM

Did you know that St. Lucy is the patron saint of the blind?

to an exmo, Lucy could be everyone's temple name ...

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:44PM

Olivia

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:54PM

Joan

Posted by: lush ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:58PM

Simeon, I was okay with it.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: June 14, 2016 11:59PM

Maroni. I'm not sure it was Captain Maroni or the more lame maroni. It seems so stupid looking back on it all.

Come to think of it, wasn't the whack-a-do idiot who took over the state park in Oregon named Maroni?

Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:16AM

Posted by: holycarp ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:02AM

Charlotte...I thought it was a beautiful name and was very happy with it

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:16PM

Mine too.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:13AM

Tabitha... bleeh!

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:23AM

Nephi.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:25AM

Emma. And yeah, I totally thought it was a sign and that I was special and the only one. Gag.

Posted by: wondercat ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 01:32AM

Mine was Louise. When my husband-to-be first heard me say it, he looked shocked, gulped, and said, "could you repeat that?"

Of course I knew why. He had been engaged to the same young woman for 8 years before he met me and proposed. The only person who kept him from marrying her was his girlfriend's mother, who vehemently opposed their marriage. Her name? Louise.

He told me he that for a split second he *almost* felt it was a sign from Louise that marrying me was the right choice. (He doesn't believe in signs, though.)

wondercat

Posted by: idahobanana ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 01:40AM

Abigail.
For the longest time, I was totally freaked out because I forgot it for a few years. I was convinced I was gonna get to heaven and not remember it and be screwed.

SMGDH.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 02:04AM

HANNAH!!! Crap, now I'm going to hell...

;o)

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 09:47AM

Moses Mothafucker

Posted by: laurad ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 10:04AM

Miriam.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 10:06AM

Deborah. How boring. I want to be Jezebel.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 10:14AM

Abinadi

Date: June 15, 2016 10:22AM

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 11:08AM

Caleb!

Or maybe he said "Kay Love" or "Que La Bamba

OR "Key Lab". Holy shit, he was dying and was trying to tell me where the key to the secret temple lab was. :)

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 11:55AM

I wouldn't tell them what my middle initial 'G' stood for...hence:

-geezus

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 12:39PM

David.
Which at the time(1978) made me wince, since that was my brother's real (non-temple) name.
Apparently it hasn't been used as much as some others...go figure.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 01:00PM

Let's see, forgot the name, forgot the date I went through the temple pre-mission, hell I don't even remember the month so I guess I can't look it up. It was 20 years ago. I guess I'm cursed to never enter mormon heaven aka hell.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 15, 2016 01:12PM

Timothy

Even as a TBM it seemed strange and troubling to me that Timothy would be a name for a Nephite in the Book of Mormon. Jeez... the non-sense I once believed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.