Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 02:21PM

How can the 15 look in the mirror and sleep at night when they know the lies they are telling the world?

1. Thinking they have power to act in Gods name - Show me how you healed the sick innocent children with cancer or no limbs or other terrible sickness - Damn Fraud bastards.

2. Making promises in the Temple - Gods and Godesses, Kings and Queens. Walking by the sentinels-signs and tokens get entrance in the kingdom, gathering of your wives during the resurrection. Damn Fraud bastards

3. Exaltation and being with your family ONLY by being a valiant MORMON. Damn Fraud bastards

4. Not to mention the BOM and BOA filled with things that NEVER HAPPENED and completely verified FALSE.
Damn Fraud bastards.

These lying bastards that call themselves "The Anointed, the Brethren, the Apostles, Seers, Prophets. I hope I see ONE of them..alone in an elevator some day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 02:48PM

I agree with all of the above except--

the 15 do not speak to the world. They speak to a tiny, tiny fraction of the world's population.

The world at large has rejected their fraudulent claims.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 03:03PM

canadianfriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> The world at large has rejected their fraudulent
> claims.
>

It continues to rankle that the membership won't take notice of the fact that the Afossils don't do any converting, much less any miracles. Maybe they don't want to risk having to ask to be crucified upside down?

How often were their original namesakes mocked and ridiculed? Why won't our current Afossils risk that? Why won't one of them go shut down that heathen atheist, Bill Mahr? ...make his tongue cleave to the roof of his mouth? Why can't they do more than just be motivational speakers to captive audiences?

What would be the response if the top three 'rock stars' of the church hierarchy rented out Madison Square Garden and invited "all the world" to come hear their message, but only non-members?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 06:50PM

Maybe they are crucifying themselves upside down. It's an offer they can't refuse.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 02:56PM

The same way Bennie Hinn looks in the mirror and goes home to his riches (and many others).

The same way any person takes advantage of credulous people willing to be followers.

Mormons are amateurs compared to the better designed frauds that sell what people want to hear.

Humans herd well. They want ready answers instead of unknowns. There are snake oil salesmen out there to fill any void. Stupid humans.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 04:01PM

When you're living the life of Riley, spoon fed from a golden spoon, have a maid or two, see members young and old fawn over your every word, change is not something these doofuses even consider.

The elite of the cult are not dumb men. Most are college graduates. Sure they have been indoctrinated, but their eyes and ears have also seen and heard a lot evidence from a whole lot of sources that they plain choose to ignore.

Take the example of Tom Phillips imploring his friend Jeffrey Holland to answer his questions eating at his heart. If you haven't read the emails between these two, available on Mormonthink.org, I would highly recommend it. The questions asked by Tom are poignant. He was very sincere, earnest and honest. Jeffrey not so much. In fact, in my opinion, Jeffrey could not have been a bigger asshole and a sad excuse for a friend.

I think the probability that all the doofuses have had questions such as these is very high. Also, just think about the 12 essays. All the elite had to be in on these coming to the forefront of the church.

Yeah, the doofusses have made their plush beds a certain way (or at least a maid has) and they love lying in them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2016 04:04PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 06:06PM

as long as there is one born every minute, they can keep doing it.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 07:16PM

Who is a barefaced liar, and gets away with it, of course the others follow suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAsNMWwRXvs

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 07:16PM

That's why when I left Mormonism I became Christian. Jesus in the NT had complete integrity. He was born in a barn, told us to help those in need without being paid back, to do it anonymously, to do it unto the least of us....

He was controlled by empathy, love, humility, and submission to the father.

Humans can't understand that level of love, and IMO would not even be able to make up the story of Jesus, because humans always divert to money, power, revenge, women, control, fame, luxuries.....

The q15 are followers of lies and money, and used to be also followers of sex.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 08:38PM

One mark at a time until the long arm of the law catches up. (Go Limeys!)

Posted by: The Ohio State ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 09:06PM

They are not being very successful and are much less successful than in the 1980s and 1990s. Mormonism is not converting and retaining any significant percentage of any population. Of those born in the covenant, many are leaving and those that are currently leaving are often the leaders, well-educated, and tithe payers.

It is not a good time for any religion and Mormonism is no exception.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 18, 2016 09:19PM

Yeah, who's this "world" that's being deceived? The world of Mormons?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 19, 2016 03:43AM

Many more people would leave the church if leaving didn't offend family or jeopardize you job or social standing. Most people belong to the church because they were born into it. Many put up with it because for them, staying is easier than leaving. It takes courage to leave. Most people just don't have that.

Posted by: ipseego2 ( )
Date: June 19, 2016 02:21PM

It doesn't actually deceive the world. Most of the world doesn't care a bit about it and don't even know it exists.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 19, 2016 02:30PM

so far they've deceived about 1/10 of 1% of the world. A larger
percentage than that believe aliens built the pyramids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.