Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 22, 2016 07:54PM

Our ward just them a root beer bottle of "Dad's Root Beer", It had this quote from morg profit Ezra Taft Benson. Here us the quote" A father's calling is eternal, and its importance transcends time. It is a calling for both time and eternity.". Afterwards it said on this piece of paper "I'm so you're my "Pop".

http://www.dadsrootbeer.com/dads/dads.nsf/vwContent/Homepage

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 22, 2016 09:19PM

It's very important that dads remain like teens from the 1950's America throughout time and eternity. Thanks, Pops!

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: June 23, 2016 02:03PM

We got some pretty good cookies.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: June 23, 2016 02:57PM

In our congregation two chocolate chip cookies for each dad.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: June 23, 2016 03:05PM

Did not attend but my wife brought me home a 'flash light' ----- I used it camping and it worked great!

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 23, 2016 03:15PM

My poor father...

In their ward, on Mother's day, one of the members who is a gourmet baker makes several different cheesecakes. The mother's get their choice of several varieties, selecting off a menu and will often get seconds. The baker shows up in full gourmet chef gear and, if I remember right, has the young men act as "servers"... It's a big deal and the women look forward to it every year (the men get any leftovers, there isn't usually much left to pick through). Apparently, the cheese cake is very, very good. My mother asked for the recipe and the baker was horrified that anyone would ask him for his secret recipe and refused to let her know what it was. She dropped it out of fear of him not doing it the following year.

On Father's day, I called my Dad. One of the "safe" topics I can usually ask is what did the ward do for the fathers, hoping for something equally special. Nope, his back was bothering him so he was walking the halls as soon as sacrament let out to stand up and get out of the pews. He stopped by the "kitchen" and saw that someone had made a small tray of brownies and a single sugar free chocolate cake. He said that due to his back pain and the prospect of a 1x1 inch slice of sugar free cake he decided to cut the meetings short for the afternoon and went home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.