Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:04AM

http://globalnews.ca/news/2782480/montreal-priests-no-longer-allowed-to-be-alone-with-children/

Could this be a thing? I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested sooner, for all sorts of reasons. I'd love to see TSCC insist parents be present when interviewing children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 11:34AM

I absolutely agree, alone in the same room is so different than alone in a confessional booth. It just shouldn't be done and after reading on here some of the truly inappropriate things that bishops have brought up with young kids I think it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 06:21PM

Our Bishop's office had a door leading into the Ward Secretary's office that had a 1 inch gap underneath of it. Often times there would be one of the Bishop's counselors or someone eaves dropping on our conversations. I can't prove it but I know the Bishop's office wasn't sound proof either.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 06:27PM

Seems logical to me.

Posted by: Steve Spoonemore ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 10:28PM

I understand that when a United Methodist pastor counsels someone the door to the office must be open and there must be another person in the other room. They may not counsel anyone more than twice about any given issue.

I knew a pastor of a "Bible Church" who would counsel women in his Winnebago in his driveway at night with his wife's permission. You know exactly what happened. Twice.

He now has a national ministry teaching Bible and "Divine
Viewpoint". He travels the country teaching at conferences. No word if he travels in his Winnebago.

He wasn't Mormon but he, too, should be shot.

Posted by: friendlyeconomist ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 01:40AM

Now, I hope Priest Quorum Presidents are next!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.