Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 10:36PM

Not much to tell about today's farmer's market. Came home with lots of great fruit and veg. I go early and the mishies get there late. They were just getting their booth set-up as I was leaving. The poor things looked so helpless. Somebody else was putting the table together for them. One looked like a sour accountant and the other looked like he was about 14 years old. It was a scorcher today so I imagine those ties were pretty uncomfortable. I didn't stay because I wanted out of the heat and humidity. Maybe I'll have a chat with them one day when we have a little less heat. I'm interested in how they are starting with Family Search and turning the topic to Families are Forever.

Praise to the man who invented air conditioning! I'm especially grateful for air conditioning in cars. Didn't have it in our car or home growing up and cannot imagine life without it today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: demoneca ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 01:13AM

When I was driving, I saw a pair of missionaries walking around my town. They looked bored. I liked the one who tucked his BoM into the back of his pants. It's like the BoM is some burden to carry, even for a TBM...lol.

Posted by: Rolled tacos on a sunday ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 01:34AM

I noticed some missionaries tonight carrying there tablets in the back of there pants, I'm intrigued where the sisters carry there's;)

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 10:13AM

I read on line that a lot of Farmers Markets do not allow proselytizing or soliciting. I wonder if your Farmers Market rules changed and now the missionaries have to promote a service instead. This might explain their switch to Family Search instead of Families are Forever. If the people who run and organize the market even smell the stench of proselytizing, the Mormons will be kicked out, I would hope.

Posted by: nutofgreatprice ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 10:37AM

fruits, nuts, and veggies all in one booth

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 03:06PM

I saw young male mishies also from the comfort of my cool auto. It was a hot, hot day, too hot to be strolling outside. The time was mid-afternoon, and I wondered if these two were heading to an appointment, going door-to-door, or some other destination. Was heading somewhere, or I might have stopped. Have not seen mishies for a while in this neck of the woods.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 27, 2016 12:15PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.