Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 21, 2010 11:52PM

I just saw in the SLTrib that TSCC is closing many of the distribution centers and laying off people.

1-Where will members buy garments now? Online? Older folks can't navigate the internet too well.
2-More layoffs?????

Does anyone have any insight into the why of this move?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 12:20AM

Doesn't seem like a lot.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 02:01AM

This is heart-warming because for the church to close something which demonstrates their "presence", it has to be serious. Either they are belt-tightening or embarrassed because the distribution centers are so empty. In other words, a negative public relations presence.

Posted by: Chonerhead ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 02:56AM

Well this will probably help the people working there. My mother worked briefly at one of those distribution centers and the pay was pathetic and the arrogance of the men working there was almost unbearable for her. They also had practically zero benefits. The church tries to pull the whole "you are helping the work" bull-crap while fleecing the flock. I am glad she is away from there.
I say close them all and let the church operate itself as the cold corporate whore that it is. They already killed off the ZCMI, they may as well kill off all vestiges of the unique culture we all grew up with.
I am looking forward to the day when we start taxing the bastards and in the largest tax forgiveness in the history of the State of Utah will occur when BYU is turned over to the state as they did with Weber State, UofU, Snow and Dixie. If it weren't for the benefit of mating and creating orthodoxy BYU would long ago become a secular institution. I guess an added aspect of BYU is apologetics so who knows when they will ever give up on BYU. But there have always been rumors, likely created by BYU intellectuals who haven't the guts to go someplace else.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 09:13AM

that preach to the already-deluded choir, and a fancy website?

I used to think that Mormons took care of their own, now I realize they just take care of basic institution of the church and everything and everyone else be damned.

Not very impressive.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.