Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Madison40 ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:17PM

According to entertainment tonight website, Marie Osmond re-married Stephen Craig this morning in Las Vegas. I hope Marie will be happy in this marriage. She deserves to be happy after all she has gone through the past couple of years. My question is she still have strong ties to LDS Faith and does Stephen Craig? Anyone here know anything about that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:20PM

I don't know, but she supports her gay daughter and doesn't appear to be wearing garmies.

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:26PM

Yes. According to "a source." http://www.accesshollywood.com/marie-osmond-to-re-marry-first-husband-stephen-craig-in-las-vegas-on-wednesday_article_47501

Her first marriage was officiated by Paul H. Dunn. No wonder it was a fraud!

"After meeting in January 1986 at a mutual friend's party in Provo, Utah, Marie, 27, and Brian, 33, were married on October 28, 1986. Their wedding at the Jordan River Temple was officiated by Paul H. Dunn."

Would they allow that after he "mentally abused" her? I think that's what I heard the original grounds for divorce were.

Were they ever Eternally Divorced via the Forever Families Are Easily Terminated doctrine?

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:27PM

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:27PM

Is she still married to him via temple endowment?

Posted by: m ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:29PM

ET said she is wearing the same wedding dress as she did in 82'

Must be a Mo wedding...going to cost steve some coin to get in.

My fav quote from rfm:

"A temple wedding is really indescribable."
I never thought my groom would have on a baker's hat and that I wouldn't be surrounded by my friends and family at my wedding. Indescribable indeed

Date: May 04, 2011 01:30PM

I don't know if she is still sealed to hubby number 2, but if she married him in the temple then she oviously got a temple divorce from Craig, Can you marry the same guy in the temple after after a cancellation of seling? Sounds like it ranks up there with who Elizabeth TAylor will be sealed to

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 03:06PM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you marry the same guy in the temple after
> after a cancellation of seling?

Anything is possibles if you're an LDS celebrity.

Posted by: Madison40 ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:38PM

I applaud Marie for standing up for and supporting her daughter.

Posted by: tbirdguy ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 01:58PM

Well I hope they start marriage counseling right away to avoid getting back into the old destructive patterns that split them up before.

Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 02:42PM

What the hell? The other night on Jay Leno she was going on about being single and saying "I'm going through menopause....men are on pause".

I guess the next thing she will do is go on T.V. and brag about how happy she is....and file for divorce the next day.

Good luck getting any nookie Steve.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 03:03PM

Maybe she just meant that from now on, OTHER men are on pause.

Posted by: Hillbilly Heathen ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 04:22PM

...since she got that horrendous botox job. Too bad, since I always thought she was attractive.

Sigh...

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 04:30PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 09:39PM

Which of her faces did you find attractive?

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 04:24PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 04:35PM

My college roommate told me...LONG Time ago...
that ppl *his mom* could be married in the House of Handshakes 'for time only' in selected cases where one party (female?) was sealed to a prior spouse (husband).

I wouldn't be surprised in the Wacky World of Mormonism if:

-this has changed
-only for sealed females (young widows, etc.)
-"I don't know if we teach that"

with MoMism, YOU CAN NEVER TELL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2011 04:35PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 05:07PM

from their first wedding.

Do I see... no, it can't be.. is it? Yep, there are two bottles of wine on the table.

I wonder if they celebrated with wine again...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment/51751210-81/osmond-craig-wedding-marie.html.csp

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 05:21PM

Sparkling Soda... you Heathen!

naysayer

back-stabber

Were YOU THERE? HOW DO YOU KNOW????

Posted by: nonnyforthis ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 11:41PM

guynoirprivateeye Wrote:
> Sparkling Soda... you Heathen!
>
> naysayer
>
> back-stabber
>
> Were YOU THERE? HOW DO YOU KNOW????

You are just weird guy, you know that? Not defensive much? I agree that is a wine bottle, not the one with the foil perhaps but the other definitely. But I don't know that this was their wedding, she looks preggers anyway. YOu need to chill out though.....

Date: May 04, 2011 05:25PM

Could be non alcohoic or even olive oil or vinegar

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 06:43PM

Nope, I wasn't there. But with over 4000 invited guests, and so many invitees from the the entertainment business, it wouldn't surprise me that they provided wine for those guests. Jesus did it, didn't he?

Anyway, those bottles sure have a wine bottle shape, and the one has a cork stuck partway back. Non-alcoholic beverages, olive oil, etc usually had screw tops, not corks.

I just found it amusing that what appeared to be wine bottles show up in photos of Marie's first wedding party.

Posted by: outofutah ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 05:35PM

"...they were sealed together, again, forever. LOL! Anyone else find that funny?

out

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 09:41PM

Posted by: NeverMoTX ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 06:38PM

" The Son of the Return of For All Time & Eternity, Part Whatever ? "

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 07:27PM

Why on earth would you re-marry someone that you supposedly left for being emotionally cruel to you?

Date: May 04, 2011 07:34PM

Greyfort Wrote:
> Why on earth would you re-marry someone that you
> supposedly left for being emotionally cruel to
> you?

I think that was Blosiel. Craig cheated on her with lots of people according to rumor.Hopefully, he has reformed.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 08:25PM

bona dea Wrote:
> Craig cheated on her with lots of people according to rumor. Hopefully, he has reformed.

Luck to her with that.

Date: May 04, 2011 08:27PM

summer Wrote:
> bona dea Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Craig cheated on her with lots of people
> according to rumor. Hopefully, he has reformed.
>
> Luck to her with that.She doesn't seem to be abl to choose her men very well.

Date: May 04, 2011 08:17PM

Wow. Well I guess it ain't my place to say, but I think there would be lots of nice guys who'd want to marry Marie. She doesn't know how to choose a nice guy?

Posted by: outofutah ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 09:22PM

is to be had on what Stephen Craig was doing between their divorce and now. Whenever the wedding is mentioned, Marie's history is totally laid bare yet there is NO mentio of whether or not Stephen had been married and divorced as well.

I realize Marie is the celebrity, still I find this odd.

out

Posted by: adamisfree2006 (formerly on_my_way_out_2) ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 09:52PM

LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- Marie Osmond tied the knot on Wednesday - and the groom was a very familiar face..

Marie, 51, remarried her first husband, Stephen Craig, 54, at the Las Vegas Mormon temple on Wednesday..

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/392196/marie-osmond-remarries-her-first-husband/

Date: May 04, 2011 10:38PM

She wore the same dress she wore the first time?! I don't know. I saw a comment on CNN, which said something like, "Give them a few months and they'll remember why they divorced the first time." Someone else asked, "What's the definition of insanity?"

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 11:00PM

Oh they are probably Mormon to the core....he gets forgiven if he did abuse her. And as for why they reunited. She must have her forever family and he wants her money.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 11:23PM

“When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, and if she goes and becomes another man’s wife, and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the LORD. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the LORD your God is giving you for an inheritance” (Deut. 24:1-4).

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 11:35PM

I don't know how she wore the same dress. Our bodies change even if our weight is the same, it must have needed some, ah, alterations. She looks incredibly skinny in the first, and maybe she had a boob job since then.

That's wack though to wear the same dress. Isn't it supposed to be new beginnings, new dress? Not like she couldn't afford it. It's funny because today on Glenn Beck I heard him talking about her getting remarried tomorrow!! So did they do that to throw the press off? Maybe it was not glenn but rod arquette here in utah, Iknow I heard it somewhere so I'm surprised it was today.

I used to idolize her, but I was just a stupid kid. I floated her and donny down the creek on a homemade wooden boat (the dolls) and lost them.....

I'd like to see more compare pictures!! I guess some people mellow out with age, though I think more often than not they get worse with age, so I guess we'll see. I wonder if she got the when to wear your garments speech in the temple.

Posted by: surfkitty ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 11:35PM

I find this all a bit twisted and sick, getting married on her dead son's birthday? To the first husband who supposedly cheated on her? And to do it in the Temple?

I just hope this guy isn't just taking advantage of her vulnerability (I read he came back into the picture during the time of her second divorce and her son dying, but I know nothing about him so maybe he really is a decent guy now.)

Marie has always struck me as a bit of a lost black sheep in a flock of Mormon sheeple. I hope it works out for her, and she's not just trying to recapture something from her past. I met her once way back before she was married the first time, and she didn't seem happy then either. But maybe I just caught her on a bad day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.