Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 06:11PM

Infants on Thrones has created or users have created several amazing songs or spliced speeches where Apostholes have been reduced to the comedic genius they should have always been. One was a Jeffry Holland mix where he is giving a funny conference talk and one is Boyd saying he's too sexy or something or other.

I have an amazing idea for one with Tommy. I am a bit stumped as to the best way to start. Collecting the sound clips and knowing which ones will take some time, but does any one know the best way to identify where to find them without having to sit through talk after talk to find the word? Anyone have all that crap in Hadoop? Where it could be cross referenced to talk and time stamps? I'm doubting such a database could possibly exist where a low apostate peasant on Satan's plantation would have access to such a miraculous set of information. But I had to ask. Or if anyone has pointers, I'm listening. My other option which would not be nearly as good would be to try the voice impersonating route. The Infants do well with that, but getting Tommy's voice on this would be the best ever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 06:27PM

I'd suggest finding transcripts, then searching the text for keywords. If you find the keyword you want, THEN go get the video, look at the transcript for approximate time/context, and it should be easy to find the little bit to clip out.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 06:42PM

Any transcript repositories out there other than LDS.whoreg? The damn conference talks don't let you skip around the talk when you watch it.... Or at least on my iPad. I have a feeling that this will will be a difficult task, but whom the Lard calls, he qualifies. So I shall begin this task and rely upon the Tender Mercies of the Lard as I am about his work..... Oh yea..Amen.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 08:56PM

Try here:
https://archive.org/details/conferencereport

Each one is searchable.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.