Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 04:12PM

What's the percent off of their merchandise??? Any good deals??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 07:59PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 08:06PM

I am in a different state than you are in, and I have no idea what Hastings is...

A supermarket or something like that?

A department store?

Some kind of super-sized specialty store: sporting goods, etc.?

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 08:35PM

Kinda like a smaller version of Media Play, if you remember that.

Our is going out of business in NW NM and they're going out of business nationwide. If i get some extra money I *might* see what they have left, but it will probably be slim pickings by that point.

Date: August 01, 2016 08:53PM

We have until October. Ours has new blu ray and dvd's 10% off. Used up to 30%. I called and asked. So the big 30% on the site is used.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 09:44PM

Ohhh...

Wallichs Music City!!!

[R.I.P.]

:D

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 08:49PM

Most of us don't live in southern Idaho, so that small chain isn't even on our radar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 08:51PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Primary Survivor ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 10:58PM

It's only 10-30% off at my local Hastings. Not surprisingly, the close out prices are higher than most of their sale prices were. And even more not surprisingly, the store has been crawling with bargain hunters who don't realize how much they're getting fleeced ...

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: August 01, 2016 11:09PM

I shopped the Hastings in Logan just last week. I also had them buff out some CDs for me.
After Borders left, this was the place to go for books, media, coffee, and sorts. I am already missing the place. I do however, still have my Hastings loyalty card on my key ring.

Date: August 03, 2016 03:46PM

My dad and I went to the Twin Falls Hastings last night.Everything was 15-20% brand new. It looked like that everything was already picked though.

All I ended up buying was the CD soundtrack to "Captain America: Civil War" and DVD of old school "Doctor Who":" The Underwater Meance". Both were 15% new. The other titles I'm looking for I'll get though Jet.com, DeepDiscount and Amazon.

What's ironic for me is when my family moved to Idaho, Hastings was the only place I could buy old school"Doctor Who"on Dvd. Ironic on what might be last visit I buy it!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 02, 2016 01:41AM

maybe they'll sell their inventory to K-mart.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: August 02, 2016 10:16PM

Tee hee. Maybe.

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 01:45AM

Our K-Mart closed up within the last year, and now sits empty and abandoned.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 03:00AM

LOL! Maybe, as my local Kmart is one of those that's still open as of now.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 02, 2016 02:00AM

I was in Rock Springs, WY, the first weekend in July. We went shopping and stopped into Hastings. I think they used to have a store in Salt Lake City, although not sure.

The clerk told us that they had just received notice that week that their store would be closing along with the rest of them. I bought a DVD for my granddaughter's birthday, her mom said it was a good buy compared to places in Utah.

I also bought a "used" CD from Amazon, about 2 weeks ago of an album by Charlie Robison. It was $2.99 +$3.00 shipping and it came from Hastings warehouse. It actually turned out to be new, never opened which was nice

Posted by: blindersoff ( )
Date: August 03, 2016 02:30PM

My husband works for Hastings.... 17 years. Sucks that it is closing. We will be fine, we saw this coming but hoped that they would be bought out, so we have a job lined up and a move. Things are 10-40% off currently. Our cafe is closing on Saturday, but you can buy big bags of coffee bean, flavored syrups, other drink mixes like vanilla chi tea, for $9 (3# bags). It's crappy. All of our kids have grown up with Hastings as a big part of their lives. Even though we knew we were leaving, it is still hard to see the whole store covered with going out of business signs and knowing that we won't be able to visit.

Date: August 01, 2016 08:38PM

Read this link. They're Texas based and about 126 stores.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastings_Entertainment

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.